Interesting Wishlists

Posted by: Soapy

Interesting Wishlists - 03/12/20 06:55 AM

Like many people I enjoy checking out the groceries of the person ahead of me in the checkout line.

I also like to peruse many prodommes wish lists.

Most are ordinary. Lingerie, shoes, kinky clothing, perfume etc.

Some are tacky. Whole Foods gift cards, actual food, etc.

A few are REALLY interesting. An interesting selection of books, gear for their hobbies, herbs, and supplements. Those are almost as fun as checking out other people's groceries at the market and trying to form a picture of the person from what they like to get.

Posted by: Mistress Ayn

Re: Interesting Wishlists - 03/12/20 10:13 AM

Hi soapy. They can be a window into people's lives by revealing interests outside of Domination and kink. Mine often has gardening stuff on it, fall bulbs, kneeling pads, pruners, etc. are just a few of the things I have put on there and received.

I also have to admit to perving other Dommes' lists. Mainly because I want to see if they have found something cool on Amazon that I didn't know was available. I looked at one Domme's list that had a bunch of fast food gift cards. I just shook my head.
Posted by: OwwItHz

Re: Interesting Wishlists - 03/12/20 11:51 AM

Originally Posted By Mistress Ayn
Hi soapy. They can be a window into people's lives by revealing interests outside of Domination and kink.

I've seen a few better-than-phone quality video cameras on wish lists. Nice to see that some who make videos care about quality. Of course some of those cameras are pretty complicated and it takes some learning and experience in order to get the best they're capable of out of them.

But then, pro dommes are like that, too. wink
Posted by: Chi61

Re: Interesting Wishlists - 03/12/20 06:22 PM

I love especially looking at the books. I’m always like, ooh I read that or hmm haven’t heard of that, I should check it out. Kind of like a secret book club! I do probably read to much into it, oh we like the same authors therefore it would be a great session.

Re: Interesting Wishlists - 03/12/20 06:35 PM

kneeling pads, pruners,

Ha ha ha!

Quote:

I looked at one Domme's list that had a bunch of fast food gift cards. I just shook my head.

That is a shame considering how hard many prodommes work to maintain their fitness.

Posted by: future pet

Phew.... - 03/13/20 08:40 AM

The kneepads made sense and seemed thoughtful. But the pruning sheers....

But... gardening-related. Got it. That's a relief.

Re: Phew.... - 03/13/20 09:31 AM

Hahaha. Well, I do like to show people that I appreciate the gift they give me and I believe they make their choices for a reason, so . . . I used the pruners in a session with the giver and did a little mind fuck with castration fantasy. Great fun.

Seriously though, when I get things like flower bulbs, I think of the giver each year when they bloom. Sometimes it's the ordinary, unsexy things we appreciate the most. I had someone give me an electronic toothbrush off my list and some people laughed, but I think of that guy twice a day now. That's not going to happen if you buy me a sexy outfit.
Posted by: Komodo

Re: Interesting Wishlists - 03/14/20 03:13 AM

I have to admit occasionally reading wish lists which for me is a little voyeuristic because I never use them. At the beginning it is pretty easy to find a small safe neutral gift for a session and I do not feel the need to make a special gift until I really get to know and understand a mistress. By that point I really think that a gift has to be a surprise, something she does not expect. So it is not going to come from a wish list.
Posted by: DommeLynx

Re: Interesting Wishlists - 03/14/20 06:43 PM

Love this post. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who loves looking at others wishlist's hahaha.
Posted by: MayaMidnight

Re: Phew.... - 03/15/20 05:52 PM

Same. I frequently think of and appreciate the sub who bought my humidifier. It may not be a "sexy" or "romantic" gift but I use it every day all winter long and it makes my home significantly more comfortable. Excellent service on his part.

Re: Phew.... - 03/15/20 06:35 PM

This is a good time to think creatively. Limited time new possible gifts today include Uber rides, zinc lozenges, or Elderberry extracts.
Posted by: AspX

Re: Phew.... - 03/18/20 10:35 PM

Hmmm... Thinking about the composter i gave You and just realized why You always think i am full of crap

Re: Phew.... - 03/19/20 09:01 AM

Hahaha. You do a fine job of that on your own . . . But that is one of My favorite gifts of all time. I've gotten loads of great compost for My flowers. They thank you too, especially the orange day lillies.

Attention all: Here is a fine example of what I mean by the un-sexy things often mean the most. Asp asked what I really wanted, as opposed to trying to guess or just randomly choose something off My wishlist. I selected a portable garden composter that I had been wanting for over a year. I do think of him every time I add kitchen waste or yard debris - but I also think of him when I admire My garden, which is pretty much anytime I go outside. Good job, Asp.

Re: Phew.... - 03/19/20 10:21 AM

Asp asked what I really wanted, as opposed to trying to guess or just randomly choose something off My wishlist.

Isn't the idea behind a wish list that everything on it is something the person really wants?

Re: Phew.... - 03/19/20 11:33 AM

Yes, but some things just sit there because no one thinks they are sexy enough, it won't be used on them, etc. The composter had been on My wishlist for at least a year and I was getting ready to buy it for Myself, so it was especially appreciated when Asp asked what I really wanted.

And I (usually) hate it when people bypass wish lists all together and try to surprise Me. That falls flat more often than not.

Re: Phew.... - 03/20/20 04:21 AM

A wish list is public. There might be things you don't want to share with the rest of the world. Or simply things you don't realize that you want. Or things which do not exist at Amazon.
Posted by: The Mighty Worm

Re: Phew.... - 03/25/20 09:25 AM

I'm seeing lots of gift certificates to Whole Foods. Not very sexy, but you gotta eat.

Re: Phew.... - 03/26/20 01:21 AM

As this isolation seems to become something going to take weeks and weeks our life and needs change. I guess a return to simple generic things life gift cards from Amazon, Visa or Mastercard start to make more sense. If you know where your mistress lives you could send her flowers or a gourmet meal to break the monotony or a subscription to a network she does not already have.

Re: Phew.... - 03/26/20 09:27 AM

Haha. Those Whole Foods give cards are looking more and more sexy to me. Sorry soapy. grin

Re: Phew.... - 03/26/20 10:12 AM

They don't have bathroom tissues, just like other stores.

Posted by: Mistress Tissa

Re: Interesting Wishlists - 03/28/20 10:18 PM

Originally Posted By Soapy

Whole Foods gift cards are tacky? Since when it eating better quality food tacky?

I have no qualms about including that on a wishlist. I have that on mine. It can be a nice thing to have when you're traveling. Think of it like treating your Domme to a nice lunch.

[quote]A few are REALLY interesting. ... trying to form a picture of the person from what they like to get.[/uuote]

It can, but don't count on it to be a full picture. I don't include a lot of what I'm into because a public wishlist feels so....public and I don't want personal things on there for some guy to casually peruse. I've already had someone make a creepy comment about "oh you like thaaaat..." and then try to buy me something he liked related to it which was gross.

Re: Interesting Wishlists - 03/29/20 06:14 PM

Originally Posted By Mistress Tissa

Whole Foods gift cards are tacky? Since when it eating better quality food tacky?

It has always come across to me as "buy me food I can't afford my own"

Quote:

Think of it like treating your Domme to a nice lunch.

That is a fair way of looking at it and nicer. Thank you.

Quote:

I don't include a lot of what I'm into because a public wishlist feels so....public and I don't want personal things on there for some guy to casually peruse. I've already had someone make a creepy comment about "oh you like thaaaat..." and then try to buy me something he liked related to it which was gross.

I can almost guess what that was about and I can understand why you don't want that repeated.
Posted by: Mistress Tissa

Re: Interesting Wishlists - 03/30/20 02:11 AM

It has always come across to me as "buy me food I can't afford my own"

I don't see that, but I can understand why you would.

And maybe for some Dommes they *can't* afford it, so I say, hey, throw that Whole Foods gift card on your wishlist, grrrrrl.

Also, something to consider: if you're unaware, when you make a wishlist on Amazon, they regularly suggest things. I seem to remember that gift cards were one of them. This is why you may see the same gift cards on Dommes' lists. I know it may not be congruent with the fantasy people have about us, but even we Dommes have to eat. wink

It's kind of like when you join Twitter and they suggest people to follow. And when you're new, you do because you don't know who to follow.