Wishing your Mistress a Happy Valentine's Day?

Posted by: junglebeast

Wishing your Mistress a Happy Valentine's Day? - 02/14/20 10:50 AM

Okay, here's a touchy subject because I did this earlier today. I sent my Mistress a sincere, possibly personal to some, email wishing her a Happy Valentine's Day. She knows how I am, so I don't THINK I crossed a line here. My Mistress does have boundaries, as all real Dominas do. I have not gotten a response yet so I'll see if I crossed a line.

So my question is to subs and Dominas here, is sending a Valentine's Day message or (gasp!) a gift crossing a line into a Mistress' personal space?
Posted by: Miss Adah Vonn

Re: Wishing your Mistress a Happy Valentine's Day? - 02/14/20 02:09 PM

All Women are different, of course, and as with anything boundaries vary. Part of devoted service is figuring out where Her comfort lies and what will bring Her joy vs what will bring a negative reaction.

I can’t imagine many getting mad about receiving a gift, unless they have explicitly stated not to get them one. As for an email, I always tell my boys they are welcome to message as long as they do not expect a response. How I react is based on many factors; managing expectations minimizes disappointment should I not be in a place to answer. I do read them and often discuss the contents when we next meet.
Posted by: AspX

Love This - 02/14/20 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By Miss Adah Vonn
Part of devoted service is figuring out where Her comfort lies and what will bring Her joy vs what will bring a negative reaction.
Posted by: junglebeast

Re: Love This - 02/14/20 06:17 PM

Originally Posted By AspX
Originally Posted By Miss Adah Vonn
Part of devoted service is figuring out where Her comfort lies and what will bring Her joy vs what will bring a negative reaction.

Agreed. My Mistress has often said that I'm Her "entertainment."
Posted by: Mistress Ayn

Re: Wishing your Mistress a Happy Valentine's Day? - 02/15/20 09:43 AM

I agree that Miss Vonn gave you a very good answer. Personally I enjoy being remembered on all "special" days and Valentine's day is one of them. Returning each email can sometimes be a daunting task but I always try, even if it's just a quick one line thanks. As I like to say, "Ours is a different kind of love" and that applies to Valentine's day too.
Posted by: Zingish

Re: Wishing your Mistress a Happy Valentine's Day? - 02/16/20 12:20 PM

"Ours is a different kind of love" and that applies to Valentine's day too.

Very well put, Mistress. I too think of my relationship with my domina as a kind of love, but not the kind you'll read about in Nora Roberts' potboilers.