Domina.ms Withdrawals

Posted by: MsRoseWoods

Domina.ms Withdrawals - 12/06/19 07:10 AM

I admit it. The long hours, the horrible minutes, and dastardly seconds without Domina.ms almost drove me to madness! For one brief moment I almost logged in to the Hang. crazy I thank my higher power, and my Domina.ms support group, without them I would have relapsed. sick
Posted by: Mistress Ayn

Re: Domina.ms Withdrawals - 12/06/19 08:29 AM

OMG, right? I really haven't had the time to participate much lately but I still like to check in and that error message was driving me crazy. Glad everything is back in order.
Posted by: AspX

Re: Domina.ms Withdrawals - 12/06/19 09:43 AM

Whew... Glad it wasn't just me
Posted by: junglebeast

Re: Domina.ms Withdrawals - 12/06/19 10:09 AM

Mistress Ayn, I almost emailed you to find out what was going on.

Does anyone know what happened?
Posted by: Poester

Re: Domina.ms Withdrawals - 12/06/19 01:47 PM

Originally Posted By junglebeast

From The Hang:

domina.ms Offline
Occasional

Loc: LA - Montréal
We are experiencing problems with the .ms url registration. This has happened before. The Buzz should be back by tomorrow.

domina.ms Offline
Occasional

Loc: LA - Montréal
Update, The url is now propagating. Sorry for the inconvenience.

WHOIS search results
Domain Name: DOMINA.MS
Registry Domain ID: 14938983311570_DOMAIN-KEYSYS
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Updated Date: 2019-12-05T19:39:11Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2020-12-06T02:20:11Z
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Posted by: DominaAdmin

Re: Domina.ms Withdrawals - 12/06/19 01:55 PM

Originally Posted By junglebeast

Domina.ms was founded back in the 90s. The original owner believed the name Domina.ms to be an advertising tool. In fact, the ms registration has been an on going problem. We also own Dominams.com, and have considered using it, rather than the somewhat antiquated Domina.ms.

We now believe the problem with the domain registration is fixed, once and for all.

We thank all of our members for standing with us through these last few days.

Re: Domina.ms Withdrawals - 12/06/19 03:40 PM

I, for one, truly appreciate the fact that you provide us with this awesome place to share ideas, experiences and just have an all-around good time.

Re: Domina.ms Withdrawals - 12/06/19 03:49 PM

See.... Its all our own fault for being lazy and using DNS...

Back in my day, if you wanted to hit a website you needed to know its IP address... And ya know what? It worked and we liked it!!!

These kids today with their fancy ass DNS and special "s" type Http have no idea how good they have it.... *Grumble Grumble Grumble*

Posted by: OwwItHz

Re: Domina.ms Withdrawals - 12/06/19 05:58 PM

Originally Posted By AspX

Back in my day, if you wanted to hit a website you needed to know its IP address... And ya know what? It worked and we liked it!!!

I still have a manual typewriter, and several tape recorders, and I know what an IP address is. Grumble grumble.
Posted by: Cheyenne

Re: Domina.ms Withdrawals - 12/07/19 03:20 AM

Same. smile
Posted by: junglebeast

Re: Domina.ms Withdrawals - 12/07/19 08:10 AM

I, for one, truly appreciate the fact that you provide us with this awesome place to share ideas, experiences and just have an all-around good time.

Agreed. I would add that this place if far more civil and thoughtful than the MaxFisch of ten or 15 years ago. When domina.ms disappeared earlier this week I thought the worst.
Posted by: AynsToy

Re: Domina.ms Withdrawals - 12/07/19 11:39 AM

My first computer programming class in college used card punch, so I kinda' like the "new fangled" way of doing things. laugh

Re: Domina.ms Withdrawals - 12/07/19 03:24 PM

Yes... But then you had something tangible...

Okay, so it was a large ass stack of cards with a big rubberband around them and put panic if you dropped them all... But, still tangible

Re: Domina.ms Withdrawals - 12/07/19 03:26 PM

Yea... Some of us "old timers" remember the months it was down last year, that was when I thought it was gone forever... This barely even registered for me
Posted by: alex

Re: Domina.ms Withdrawals - 12/07/19 03:32 PM

I remember in the 70s, I was a kid, and my friend's mom was an engineer, and she was working on her PhD. And as part of that, she was writing a program in FORTRAN to calculate the curvature of a railroad track.

We went to the computing center at the university with her. She had a deck of punch cards. And in those days, you'd give your deck to someone at a desk. Then in a couple of hours, they'd give you back a printout of what your program had done.

One time she dropped her deck, and it just scattered on the floor. I think she had a lot going on, but that put her over the line, she broke down and cried and cried.
Posted by: Kneel4Her

Re: Domina.ms Withdrawals - 12/07/19 07:09 PM

These kids today with their fancy ass DNS

People today (myself included) cant even remember phone numbers and you expect them to remember an IP address? We'd all end up at 127.0.0.1 Lol If it weren't for DNS servers most of us would likely only visit 5 or 6 websites.

Hi DemonVoxx! Nice to "see" you here. grin