Seeking Advice: Renting my playspace?

Posted by: DominaChan

Seeking Advice: Renting my playspace? - 11/14/19 01:35 AM

Hi All, thank you for creating a safe forum for people to chat about this sort of thing. I hope this question is ok to post.

I was considering renting my private dungeon to couples, but I'[m worried about theft etc. Does anyone have any experience in this? Your advice and experiences are appreciated. It's a private residence I rent, with a discreet entrance.
Posted by: Cheyenne

Re: Seeking Advice: Renting my playspace? - 11/14/19 03:27 AM

You would be taking a significant risk, beyond theft. If someone gets hurt, it could be your responsibility. There were a few times that I rented my space to couples. But, I stayed and, made sure everything was good. I don't mean to be discouraging, but, be careful, especially as you are in a residential area.
Posted by: Mistress Ayn

Re: Seeking Advice: Renting my playspace? - 11/14/19 09:10 AM

I agree with Cheyenne. If you do rent to non-pros you will at the very least need to get them to sign a release of liability. Domina Daria in Dallas rents her space to couples and she is an awesome lady. You might want to reach out to her for advice. Something off her wish list or an Amazon gift card would probably prompt her to answer you if she doesn't know you. Good luck.
Posted by: Domina M

Lube. Lube everywhere - 11/14/19 09:55 AM

No matter whomever uses your dungeon, you will find globs of lube in the stupidest places. The method of finding said globs will be in mid session reaching for a something that you would, for all practical reasons, believe to be clean. Then you must hold your composure because you are the domme and your sub is right there.

Take a damage/theft deposit, have them sign something releasing you from liability, and include cleaning everything in the fee.
Posted by: DominaChan

Re: Seeking Advice: Renting my playspace? - 11/14/19 12:27 PM

All good pieces of advice thank you all
Posted by: Mistress Tissa

Re: Seeking Advice: Renting my playspace? - 11/14/19 11:44 PM

To add to the good suggestions others have said, keep in mind that renting to the "public" means that more people will have your address. The more people have it, the more potential there is for problems. Depending on whether or not this is an issue for you, you may want to ask them to agree to a confidentiality policy. And then be prepared that they may not keep it.