Preferred session length

Posted by: subjohn

Preferred session length - 08/19/19 02:58 PM

I know this is a subjective question but what is your preferred length to session? I started out doing one hour sessions and that eventually didn't seem long enough. Now I am up to usually booking 2 hour sessions and that seems about right for me for now. I m curious to hear from people that book even longer sessions. What do you get out of them that you don't feel you can get in shorter sessions? I am learning to relax more in session and I like drawing out the experience longer but i haven't exceeded 2 hours yet.
Posted by: BDSAIME

Re: Preferred session length - 08/19/19 03:34 PM

Good topic!

I still appreciate 1hr sessions, as it is enough for me to discover a new mistress and feel all the atmosphere and soul of her dungeon, feel what she has to communicate, what she has to give to her hearted clients.

But my new fantaisie is long term sessions.
Last year, I stayed for a 96hr roleplay at Warsaw Prison (if you're curious, I wrote a long article about it: https://www.bdsaime.com/post/my-experience-with-lady-daria-in-warsaw-prison ).

I plan to stay for another 24hr/48hr stay, certainly somewhere else.

What I like with these long term stays, is to really be mentally drained, be exhausted, way more than a few hours session could do. And the roleplay doesn't stop, not even at night, where you sleep with restraints. I consider my stay at Warsaw Prison more like a life experience than a BDSM session actually!

I still can have difficulties to really let go, even in BDSM sessions. That's also why I love such long sessions. I always come to break and let everything go eventually. I'm still a kid (25 years old), I guess the more I'll grow up, the more mature I'll be, the more laid-back I'll be in my life, the less hours I'll need to reach up to that point of genuine loss of control.

I guess I'm still that kid who empties the cookie jar but can't enjoy an elaborate dish the same way as a wise person could grin
Posted by: AssSniffer1999

Re: Preferred session length - 08/19/19 05:01 PM

The longest i've done is 2 hours since that's as long as I can afford with tribute prices for trusted dommes in NYC, but even 2 hours go by so quick!
I figure i'm the type of sub who would enjoy very long sessions.

Re: Preferred session length - 08/19/19 05:14 PM

Originally Posted By AssSniffer1999
The longest i've done is 2 hours since that's as long as I can afford with tribute prices for trusted dommes in NYC, but even 2 hours go by so quick!
I figure i'm the type of sub who would enjoy very long sessions.

You might consider looking at Eastern Europe!
With Lady Daria, in Poland, a 8hr session will cost you 450$. A 24hr session (roughly 12hr of play ± overnight) 690$. It is worth it even with the trip to Europe by plane.

And she is a very educated and intelligent woman with an incredibly equipped studio. It's not getting lower quality. As everything is cheaper in Poland and average salaries way lower than Western Europe/US, it still is great money for her.

But I noticed you English speaking guys often don't like to visit a pro-domme for whom English is not the primary language. Like she doesn't "sound" clever. For this point, I'm lucky not having English as a primary language I guess.
Posted by: tabula

Re: Preferred session length - 08/19/19 05:17 PM

Like most, I started with 1 hour sessions. Those seemed to fly by way too fast. Now my typical session is 3 hours long. The exception is if it's my first time meeting a Domme where I will do a 2 hour session and then evaluate if a 3 hour session would be productive. Previously, when I've done 3 hours in a first meeting, I found some Dommes kind of run out of steam or ideas. It takes a special person to torture someone with creativity and enthusiasm for 3 hours.

I'm all about building my endurance and learning to handle more grueling treatments. So, I imagine a 4 hours session with the right Domme is not too far off in the future.

I've dreamed of tag-team scenarios, where a series of Dommes, each subjects me to two hours of torture one after another for an entire day. I have a sneaking suspicion that this is one of those fantasies that might be better to remain as a fantasy. But who knows.

Re: Preferred session length - 08/19/19 05:42 PM

Woah, only $450 for an 8 hour session? I wish I were European so badly! I'd only be able to session for 1 hour in NYC for $50 less than that i'm surprised she can turn a reasonable profit with those tribute fees. I'm definitely going to heavily consider going to Warsaw the next time I can take a vacation from work.
Even factoring in plane tickets a 24 hour stay at Warsaw would be equivalent to a 3 hour session in NYC lol, crazy how expensive this city is to just breathe air in.

I actually don't mind non-native English speaking dommes. The domme I most want to session with for the first time when I have the chance, has a fairly thick accent.
Posted by: marstoy

Re: Preferred session length - 08/19/19 05:46 PM

While I don't get out to session very often any more, I prefer 3 hour sessions. Allows enough time to not feel rushed and for the Mistress to get in a nice variety of torments.

A favorite of mine is what I call an over lapping session. One Mistress gets me for the first hour, then is joined by another for the second hour. The first Mistress leaves for the last hour while the second finishes me off. OK, sometimes they're having so much fun that they both stay anyway and I've never complained about that!

Re: Preferred session length - 08/19/19 06:16 PM

Woah, only $450 for an 8 hour session? I wish I were European so badly! I'd only be able to session for 1 hour in NYC for $50 less than that i'm surprised she can turn a reasonable profit with those tribute fees. I'm definitely going to heavily consider going to Warsaw the next time I can take a vacation from work.
Even factoring in plane tickets a 24 hour stay at Warsaw would be equivalent to a 3 hour session in NYC lol, crazy how expensive this city is to just breathe air in.

I actually don't mind non-native English speaking dommes. The domme I most want to session with for the first time when I have the chance, has a fairly thick accent.

Yeah, I know that sounds crazy!

If you want to take a look by yourself, her rates are clearly displayed on her two websites
http://www.warsawprison.com/
http://www.ladydaria.eu/
Posted by: The Thomas

Re: Preferred session length - 08/19/19 06:57 PM

I am 2 parts maso 1 part sub. With a versatile dominatrix my usual preferred session length is 90 minutes though sometimes I will
do 2 hours. If it is with a disciplinarian and is going to be a spanking with a bit of bondage and maybe some role play then one hour.
Posted by: wllwrk4spankings

Re: Preferred session length - 08/19/19 07:07 PM

My very first session, over 20 years ago, was 2 hours. And that's been my average for most of them since then. I do, however, appreciate 3 hour play times and request these from Mistresses with whom I feel a special rapport.

I just can't fathom trying a one hour session. 2-3 hours gives me enough time to really clear my mind, focus, and "give myself" both to the Mistress and to the experience. It allows her to build the scene up to a crescendo and allows me to gradually drift back to earth.
Posted by: OwwItHz

Re: Preferred session length - 08/19/19 07:37 PM

Woah, only $450 for an 8 hour session?

I'm strictly a half-hour nothing-but-spanking guy. I have no idea what to do in an 8-hour session. If I had 8 hours to spend with a pro domme, I'd probably take her to a museum, or the zoo, or a hike or a concert, or a movie, and dinner in a nice restaurant.
Posted by: nysubjack

Re: Preferred session length - 08/19/19 07:42 PM

Other than for monetary limitations, I think that the length of the session is to some extent dependent on the activities planned for the session. Like most others here, I also started with 1 hour sessions that allowed me to explore and experience many different types of play.

I quickly learned that I had a very strong love of heavy leather bondage along with heavy NT, electrical, anal and CBT play. The rigging for these scenes is very complicated and time consuming. They often involve multiple changes of restraints and equipment that require more than 1 hour. I have been doing sessions of at least 2 and usually 3 or 4 hours for some time now and that seems to work out very well. I also do an occasional heavy bondage T&D session and those are great fun at 2 hours.

Re: Preferred session length - 08/19/19 07:59 PM

For me filling 8 hours with stuff I desire wouldn't be hard whatsoever.
I have soooo many kinks and fetishes that i'm very into that the only limit would really be how many different activities the domme would be willing to do in the allotted time!

Even if I was limited to just 4 basic fetishes I would easily think of ways to fill that time because of how much fervor I have for domination.
Like being used as a footstool for a domme while she watches an entire movie wouldn't bother me at all.

Pro domination in America doesn't really seem conducive to long sessions though, so you probably have the right idea with just half an hour session.
Posted by: Zingish

Re: Preferred session length - 08/19/19 10:31 PM

I notice that certain dommes state on their websites that they require a two-hour minimum for new clients.
Posted by: OwwItHz

Re: Preferred session length - 08/20/19 07:11 AM

Originally Posted By Zingish
I notice that certain dommes state on their websites that they require a two-hour minimum for new clients.

Some may feel that they need that much time to get in tune with a new client. Others, I fear, particularly newcomers to the biz with less experience, would rather not bother getting dressed up for less than $500.

I wish I had a job like that. wink
Posted by: gimp

Re: Preferred session length - 08/20/19 07:23 AM

To me 2 hrs is about just the amount of time. I can see a novice maybe doing an hour to see if they like the Domme vibe or not. I mean nobody wants to waste anyone’s time if it’s not working out. I’ve done a 6 hour session once more like a party though which was a few Dommes and subs most fun I’ve ever had.

Re: Preferred session length - 08/20/19 10:06 AM

I've noticed this too. I usually like to start with an hour for the first time. Two hours can seem like a long time and often a lot of money if you dont click. Been there. Done that. I've also wondered if they want a 2 hour minimum so they can spend time talking. I had that happen once. We spend the first 15 minutes at least going over my kinks and stuff. I don't like a lot of chit chat before a session so I'm leery of mandatory session lengths.

Re: Preferred session length - 08/20/19 10:19 AM

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts. I am glad to see that I am not alone in thinking that longer sessions is where its at and going beyond 2 hours is probably where I am headed. The multi day sessions are intriguing but I don't think that is for me. I have been toying with the idea of doing an overnight session but I am not sure what to expect or if I could hold up for all that. Have any of you done overnighters? If so, any recommendations? I travel a lot for work and schedule my sessions for when I am out of town. Mainly on the west coast but I also get to Chicago and the NY area too and occasionally farther south and even Florida but so far I have limited my sessions to LA and NYC.
Posted by: Jiminhales

Re: Preferred session length - 08/20/19 12:06 PM

I lean towards an hour also. I have been pounded, sounded, spit etc well within 60 minutes.
One time visiting Louisville I found the perfect Domme. It was like I wrote her interests. $225 an hour. I am in. When I call I find out first time clients require two hours. $450 for Domme in Louisville? Not happening.
Posted by: Mistress Ayn

Re: Preferred session length - 08/20/19 05:01 PM

Hello subjohn,

I thought this would be an easy question to answer. Usually when someone asks that, My response is an overnight. But reading through other people's responses I realize it's not a one size fits all answer.

The reason I initially think an overnight is My favorite is that it's more like lifestyle play. In a normal hour + session I have to watch the clock. I like for sessions to build to a crescendo and if we are working with a set period of time I have to stay cognizant of the time as we get deeper into the session to make that happen. With an overnight, we just play until we are exhausted - usually 6 + hours then we sleep for a bit and sometimes get up and play more. But that's not for everyone and if a sub doesn't share a well rounded set of interests with Me then it could get tedious. I also can't do them that often because they are physically and mentally draining and I need a day to recover.

So, practically speaking I would say that 2-3 hours is the sweet spot for Me. It allows enough time that I can fully develop the scene, immerse Myself and not have to worry about timing for a while.

One hour sessions would probably be My least favorite. Unless we are dealing with a simple foot fetish session or the like, it's just not enough time to connect and allow the flow to take Me. Because of this they can feel too mechanical. I'm not saying I haven't had some stellar one hour sessions but then they just usually leave Me wanting more.

Of course you subs don't have to deal with this but the most dreaded thing for Me is multiple one hour sessions in a day. But that's a whole other discussion. Thankfully that doesn't happen often.
Posted by: Mistress Ayn

Re: Preferred session length - 08/20/19 05:35 PM

Originally Posted By subjohn
Two hours can seem like a long time and often a lot of money if you dont click.

Agreed. I usually recommend 90 minutes for an introductory session but will do an hour if requested. Two hours is the maximum I will do with a new client unless they have excellent references and a good list of interests that I enjoy.

Originally Posted By subjohn
I've also wondered if they want a 2 hour minimum so they can spend time talking. I had that happen once. We spend the first 15 minutes at least going over my kinks and stuff. I don't like a lot of chit chat before a session so I'm leery of mandatory session lengths.

I can't speak for others but personally I don't like a lot of talk before a session. It can take Me out of My headspace. If a newbie needs to be reassured by having a little discussion, fine but otherwise I like to get right to it. If the person is new to Me, I go over safewords and do a quick recap of interests and acknowledge limits while I am inspecting them, putting on cuffs, etc.
Posted by: Slv4u

Re: Preferred session length - 08/21/19 03:34 PM

I usually do 2 hour sessions with my mistress i (try to) see on a regular base.
For a first visit with an unknown lady i chose 60 to 90 minutes max.

Originally Posted By Mistress Ayn
I can't speak for others but personally I don't like a lot of talk before a session. It can take Me out of My headspace. If a newbie needs to be reassured by having a little discussion, fine but otherwise I like to get right to it. If the person is new to Me, I go over safewords and do a quick recap of interests and acknowledge limits while I am inspecting them, putting on cuffs, etc.

I second that!

When you've done several sessions already, you really don't need to talk a lot prior the play. Usually we smile, greet, hug for a second and than transform into the session. So just after a couple of minutes, i am already down on my knees, humilated verbally and lately by consumating her piss. Then i hand over her tribute, gifts etc. and serve her a glass of champaigne. We cheer, i give her a foot massage and after that, somtimes i am allowed to sugest some activities she eventually will consider. Then i am totally hers for the remaining time.
Afterwards, we finish up the bottle of champaigne and have a relaxed chat for quite some time. We talk about jobs, travel, familly, whatever... and hug again for goodbye.
Posted by: AspX

Re: Preferred session length - 08/21/19 10:05 PM

But... But... I only like a lot of pre-session talk when its with You

I am so crushed...
Posted by: AspX

Re: Preferred session length - 08/21/19 10:22 PM

I absolutely prefer long and drawn out "sessions" that last for days or even weeks. However, I have special sort of hybrid Pro/Lifestyle relationships with certain Pro Dommes that have a lot more service involvement than dungeon-style play. They all started as normal hourly play, but have somehow morphed into situations that extend way beyond what I could afford if it was a normal Pro/client per-hour session.

But, to better answer what you are asking... What I book for sessions is generally 90 minutes to 2 hours because that hits the limits I put on myself for the amount I will pay for a given visit/session. But, at the end, I still always want more and it is just my self-discipline that stops it from going on.
Posted by: Spark

Re: Preferred session length - 08/22/19 08:34 AM

2-3 hours is perfect for me. I havent done a 1 hour session in years. It just feels to short to really get into it. Something ive started doing more of is a 2 hour session followed be dinner afterwards so maybe that counts for a 4 hour session. There is no play at dinner just god conversation maybe its aftercare. Not every domme is up for it but ive enjoyed that arrangement.
Posted by: wolf

Re: Preferred session length - 08/22/19 12:11 PM

Because I would rather session more often I only do one hour. Also there are certain things I like to do in the session, so after we have. I have satisfied my immediate needs I feel satisfied.
All the best,
wolf
Posted by: sissy josephine

Re: Preferred session length - 08/30/19 08:07 AM

i've basically only seen two Mistresses, and been lucky enough to have had special rapport with both.

i started with Mistress with 2 hour sessions 20 years ago, and on special occasions (birthday, anniversary) would extend to 4. And i'd done a few overnight.

When i see the incomparable Vinyl Queen, one of us will be travelling and it is not all that frequent, so my base for Her is four hours now.

i think i'm to the point now where my answer might be "infinite". Honestly, i can spend 8 hours with Mistress and miss Her the next day.