Going into the future

Posted by: Komodo

Going into the future - 08/13/19 04:21 AM

I am continuing the conversation started in the "Server not found" thread because the discussion veered towards a new topic.

My expectations is that in the near future we are getting into a period with two similar forums, here and at MF. There will be members belonging only to one and some overlapping.

It is a trade-off, it can split the community, but there is safety in numbers, if one of the sites runs in legal troubles there will be an automatic backup.

Presently there is more activity here, coming from a smaller (but not small) number of more active users. MF is slowly coming back to life, and it is anybody's guess how far it will go.

If you want to get a larger community here, the best way is to get your friends or mistresses to join, or to post in both places. Probably most of the MF members who did not join, really don't feel like giving another try to anything new.

Those who have joined are the ones the most active at this particular moment of time. So I expect a split of character between the two sites determined by a few factors.

MF is more NY centric, while Domina more Atlanta. Domina is smaller and has more mistress involvement. This creates a different climate, where most posters know each other, and a more civil discourse.

Domina has a few things going for it, which make me optimistic about its future. First the admin capability might be determinant in future.

MF can happily slog around without an Admin, until some point is reached where an Admin is absolutely necessary. This will happen because of change, be it technical, where without a change some must have new feature can't be accommodated, or legal, that something will have to be done for compliance.

The other part is that history is made by people, not by the blind forces of history. Domina has been extremely nimble in this crisis, it made all the right moves, and unlike MF which lost Max Fisch it has its founders here. To me their face is Mistress Ayn, and I expect her to make history.
Posted by: Domina M

And here comes France! - 08/13/19 06:55 AM

Quote:
MF is more NY centric, while Domina more Atlanta.

Why not become more international? I have a lot of French speaking subs and mistresses on my twitter, slowly looking over here--not just the expats. I can't do that on Max because any special characters often found in French will blank out the post.

We should get someone on from Frankfort or Zurich or somewhere like that.
Posted by: Cheyenne

Re: And here comes France! - 08/13/19 07:17 AM

The more the merrier!!
Posted by: Mistress Ayn

Re: Going into the future - 08/13/19 12:15 PM

Originally Posted By Komodo
To me their face is Mistress Ayn, and I expect her to make history.

Hi Komodo. I am not really sure what this means but the only reason I am the top poster is that I have been part of the forum almost since its inception. I think I was the 2nd or 3rd Domme to be given board powers and I did't abandon it when the new wore off. I think before long Cheyenne or Domina M will take that top spot and I welcome that. It will mean that the board is more diverse.

It's only been my wish that this board flourish. There are so many topics that get brought up on MF that I would love to comment on but I have been burned over there by flaming and the lack of moderation. I will go there to comment on reviews left for me or to post travel news, but that's it.

Re: And here comes France! - 08/13/19 12:17 PM

Agreed on all points!
Posted by: DominaAdmin

Re: And here comes France! - 08/14/19 05:44 AM

Originally Posted By Domina M
Quote:
MF is more NY centric, while Domina more Atlanta.

Why not become more international? I have a lot of French speaking subs and mistresses on my twitter, slowly looking over here--not just the expats. I can't do that on Max because any special characters often found in French will blank out the post.

We should get someone on from Frankfort or Zurich or somewhere like that.

We at the Buzz welcome Dommes and subs from the international community. Please invite all your friends.
Posted by: BDSAIME

Re: And here comes France! - 08/14/19 06:01 AM

As already said here, I also think this board has a good potential to become an international femdom board.

There's a pretty cool atmosphere, anyone can disagree witch each other in a constructive way from what I've seen so far and new members have no reason to feel set apart (at least I know I haven't). People seem to focus more on the content of your post than who you are on the board, and that's great.

Also, having several active dominas here make the board only more interesting and balanced!
Posted by: alex

Re: Going into the future - 08/14/19 10:04 AM

Honestly, I think the best way to make a board popular is to try to come up with interesting discussion topics.

People will come here if they think the discussions are interesting, and they'll register so they can post if they see something they want to respond to.
Posted by: gimp

Re: Going into the future - 08/14/19 11:06 AM

I agree with that. Although I’m retired from sessions I do like to read the forums. It’s nice to hear things from a Domme’s POV. I think like someone else said with Twitter and Fet Life the forums aren’t as popular these days.
Posted by: nysubjack

Re: Going into the future - 08/14/19 09:16 PM

I think the civility on this board has been a breath of fresh air. Good topics, a lot of good information from informed people and most importantly differences of opinion are welcomed and respected.

I especially want to compliment the Dommes for their gracious and interesting posts. I think we are blessed to have the elegant, fun and classy Dommes who so graciously participate here.

Re: Going into the future - 08/16/19 02:56 AM

Hi Mistres Ayn,

I knew Lady Cheyenne and Domina M before, but in reality I met you only here. I have no doubt that you can take out individually any stupid guy (I assume they were guys) who would attack you or all of them together if it comes to that.

I am kind of surprised why would anyone attack you when you are so reasonable and well spoken. I have been myself flamed many times by guys and mistresses as well but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

At the same time the only attacks that hurt are those that are true and those cannot be moderated away.

While in the typical trade-off between freedom and security I am firmly on the side of freedom I have to admit that leaving ideology aside if the tone from MF resulted in driving people like you away that is an important factor to consider.

I can see this forum working better but only time will prove whether this is because this is moderated or because it has the advantage of being fresh and smaller, which creates an intimacy more difficult to maintain when the age and size increase.

Re: Going into the future - 08/16/19 02:59 AM

Granted, but there is the chicken and the egg problem. The interesting topics are created by the interesting people, and the interesting people join and stay when there are interesting discussions.

Re: Going into the future - 08/16/19 02:36 PM

Hello Komodo. It's been good to get to know you here and I have enjoyed reading your posts and comments.

I have no doubt that you can take out individually any stupid guy (I assume they were guys) who would attack you or all of them together if it comes to that.

They were not guys.

I have been myself flamed many times by guys and mistresses as well but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

At the same time the only attacks that hurt are those that are true and those cannot be moderated away.

As a male participating in discussions this would be true. No one knows you. Your career is not on the line. The worst you can suffer is a little hurt feelings. With us pros it's different.

Nastiness, name calling and general rudeness I can deal with. I am a big girl. But if a pro is accused of having fake reviews, playing unsafely or having their play space under police surveillance in a forum like this it can be very harmful. Beyond just appearing on the forum, if libelous statements are allowed to stay online they eventually become indexed by search engines and when someone searches for a Domme's name these untruths can pop up. And, yes, all of these things did happen to Me on MF when I first started participating there. Back then I didn't have a bevy of slaves registered there with long standing ties to that community that could come to My defense, but even if I did, the posts really should be removed, in My opinion.

More recently (about 3 years ago?) when I announced FemDom Mansion on MF a "sock puppet" account registered and again brought up fake reviews and contacting the "homeowners association". Several well known members on the board jumped in and called the person out. But it's still out there for the search engines to find and possibly put doubt in a potential client's mind. If that happened here I would hope that the Admin would simply remove the post because it is obviously libel.

While in the typical trade-off between freedom and security I am firmly on the side of freedom

Under most circumstances I would agree with you. "Those that trade freedom for security deserve neither." (Benjamin Franklin?) If a newspaper published lies about Me, I could sue it. On forums (and social media) we are often dealing with an avatar or fake identity that cannot be held accountable so moderation is sometimes necessary.

I can see this forum working better but only time will prove whether this is because this is moderated or because it has the advantage of being fresh and smaller, which creates an intimacy more difficult to maintain when the age and size increase.

I completely agree. We are a small group now but as it gets bigger and more diverse things might change. I hope not.

Re: Going into the future - 08/17/19 03:41 AM

Thank you for explaining, it is very difficult to understand from the outside.