New House Rates

Posted by: OwwItHz

New House Rates - 07/21/19 03:30 PM

I noticed that the rates at Sanctuary LA have increased to $150 for a half-hour (my limit) and $240 for an hour. The Dominion (also Los Angeles) is raising their rate to match come August 1. Who's next?

I was wondering if maybe California got a new minimum wage law and that prompted the rate increases even though I suspect that house mistresses are contractors rather than salaried workers. Hopefully the ladies are getting a bit of that raise.
Posted by: alex

Re: New House Rates - 07/21/19 06:27 PM

I can't believe the minimum wage would have anything to do with it.

Surely the women who work at the houses make far more than minimum wage?
Posted by: Cheyenne

Re: New House Rates - 07/21/19 10:30 PM

Gesh, I was the first to raise them to $300. an hour 20 years ago. For all of the risk Doms have to take, they should be charging $500. an hour by now. Self employed, legal risk in some states....so much out of a limb...why did these ladies never raise their rates?

Re: New House Rates - 07/22/19 06:18 AM

Originally Posted By Cheyenne
For all of the risk Doms have to take, they should be charging $500. an hour by now. Self employed, legal risk in some states....so much out of a limb...why did these ladies never raise their rates?

I was talking about houses here, and specifically two that I know. They're well managed, keep things legal, pay their taxes, and maintain the rooms and equipment. That's the right combination for some workers and some customers, but not all - it's why we have independents who can establish their own rates.

What prompted my post wasn't that the rates went up, but that when one house raised their rates, the other followed promptly. Hotels and airlines do that.

Re: New House Rates - 07/22/19 07:07 AM

Ah, I see. Do they allow for 30 minutes spanking sessions? When I ran a house in Ohio this is something that we did. For a full blown Sm session, 30 minutes is too difficult with set up and, clean up...all the way around, 30 minutes doesn't make sense. But, for spanking...it works.
Posted by: Chuck123

Re: New House Rates - 07/22/19 09:24 AM

I hate Beat & Run sessions as well.

C123
Posted by: DommeLynx

Re: New House Rates - 07/22/19 11:30 AM

Definitely agree that it has nothing to do with the raise in minimum wage etc.

I assume they have either realized the prices before were not cutting all their expenses, or raised prices to match others around them.

Re: New House Rates - 07/22/19 02:54 PM

Yup - Spanking is my thing, and I've found a few independents who are willing to do a half-hour spanking for $150 or less. Probably works OK for "worship" sessions, too, but not for someone who wants 10 minutes of this, 15 minutes of that, and 5 minutes of something else, all requiring tools and fixtures.

Sanctuary also has a $90 rate for 15 minutes, something new, I think, with the new rate card. For me, half and hour is just right. A 15 minute spanking would either be so harsh that I wouldn't enjoy it, or so blah that I wouldn't enjoy it.

Re: New House Rates - 07/22/19 05:07 PM

As you are a spank enthusiast, you will probably have your own thoughts. I've always thought there is a bit of romance to it. You have to build slowly and, end as harsh as is appropriate. 15 minutes would be like a punch in the face. 30 minutes...perfect...longer than that, must have role play.
Posted by: Awillingstudent

Re: New House Rates - 07/22/19 08:05 PM

I've always been a fan of 90 minutes. Need a bit of time to enter Subspace, and also need time at end to be guided out.

Re: New House Rates - 07/23/19 12:47 AM

Me too. You might remember that when I was in Rhode Island, I had a 2 hour minimum for this reason. Spankings seem to the exception to a few things. 30 minutes can set them straight. ;-)