Mastodon

Posted by: Mistress Tissa

Mastodon - 11/20/22 02:58 PM

I used to have an account on Switter. When Switter shut down in March of this year, it was lost because I did not manually migrate it to another server. This was an unfortunate oversight.

I created a new account on Mastodon.world, if you'd like to follow me there.

https://mastodon.world/@mistresstissa

I still would like to get my Twitter account back (8 years and over 25K tweets is a lot to lose), but for now, this is a good alternative.

Where are you delightful kinky folx? - 12/02/22 09:53 PM

While I love the idea of decentralized social media, and the diffusion of power that comes with it, it makes it more difficult to find people. This is one reason why it's very sad that Switter shut down.

Those who aren't (yet) using it: Would you consider creating an account? If not, why?
Posted by: Soapy

Re: Where are you delightful kinky folx? - 12/03/22 06:18 AM

I think maybe people feel overwhelmed with already having to be on multiple social media sites to interact with all of the people they want to interact with. I think they are waiting for Twitter to actually shut down before they go through the hassle of migrating.

I think people don't realize how easy Mastodon is. All you have to do is create an account at an "instance"(site) and your ready to go tweeting.

I've found that a person has to rely much more on HashTags there. Following HashTags to get content they want. Using HashTags more on their tweets to help people find them.

I've searched on kinky HashTags, followed the people I've found, and created a "List" that I can click on when I want to see femdom content "feed".

Re: Where are you delightful kinky folx? - 12/07/22 05:37 PM

Originally Posted By Soapy
I think maybe people feel overwhelmed with already having to be on multiple social media sites ... the hassle of migrating.

I thing you're right. And I understand this. I don't like to have a bunch of accounts everywhere. Feels a bit too chaotic and introduces that much more security risk. But, still, if I want to interact with something I'll sign up.

Quote:
I've found that a person has to rely much more on HashTags there. Following HashTags to get content they want. Using HashTags more on their tweets to help people find them.

I've searched on kinky HashTags, followed the people I've found, and created a "List" that I can click on when I want to see femdom content "feed".

I tried searching for "dominatrix" using the hashtag and found nothing. Then I removed the hashtag and found...myself! lol

So, it seems that, unlike Twitter, their search function is not yet sophisticated enough to look for a word whether someone is using a tag or not. It's also possible that I do not know what I'm doing and have not figured out how to best look for something.
Posted by: Soapy

Re: Where are you delightful kinky folx? - 12/08/22 07:59 AM

Originally Posted By Mistress Tissa

I tried searching for "dominatrix" using the hashtag and found nothing. Then I removed the hashtag and found...myself! lol

Congratulations. You completed your spiritual journey. You found yourself. :-)

It helps if after you search on a HashTag to click on the HashTags in the "All" tab of the results. Then click on the HashTags in the posts of the people you have found.

Spoiler Alert: still not a lot of femdoms.

It could be worth doing all of that for other subjects you are into. If you find things you want to read, you will post more, and if you post more you existence will be advertised more. Other kinky people seeing hooks for conversations will follow you.

The only reason I ended up on Twitter to start with is that dominatricies left MaxFisch, they went to Twitter, and I followed a few there because I enjoyed the conversations. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered with Twitter. It is more enjoyable to talk about the vanilla subjects I am into on other sites.