by Soapy
04/26/24 04:50 AM
Where the hell am I?
by Cheyenne
04/25/24 06:39 AM
X POST?
by Soapy
04/23/24 09:34 AM
Dungeon Rentals in Greater Los Angeles or Orange County CA?
by Domina_Felicity_Hart
04/22/24 06:56 PM
New Reviews
Not Quite Reviews but...A List Amazing Mistresses I've Served over the Yrs
by Mistress Tissa
04/14/24 10:22 PM
Domina Sophie Agenoux of LA and San Francisco
by Domina M
04/14/24 04:23 AM
Mistresses Ultra Violet & Carissa Montgomery
by KYboy
04/10/24 04:57 AM
Domina Sohpie Agenoux of Los Angels (SF and Paris too). INCREDIBLE
by EvedLeNashim
04/09/24 05:52 PM
Topic Options
#9473 - 02/10/20 03:26 AM Joaquin Phoenix Speach at the Oscars
Cheyenne Online   content

Pooh-Bah

I like him. He's a great actor and, seems like a genuine person. But things are getting a little nutty with Hollywood's Award Ceremonies. I happen to agree with him about the treatment of cows, especially dairy cows. But, what happened to talking about the movie you are getting an award for and, the people who helped make it?

#9475 - 02/10/20 07:42 AM Re: Joaquin Phoenix Speach at the Oscars [Re: Cheyenne]
gimp Online   content
Regular

Loc: NJ, USA
I know what you mean about when actors or actress go on and on about nothing to do with why they are there in the first place. Then again if they ain’t talking about environment or politics then they usually just pat other celebrities on the back or kissing ass hoping a director or producer will hire them for the next role. I love Phoenix but he’s always been an awkward guy outside acting.

#9478 - 02/11/20 02:47 AM Re: Joaquin Phoenix Speach at the Oscars [Re: gimp]

Pooh-Bah

He had quite the interesting upbringing. Yes, I love him too. Although, I felt his speech was out of line, it was nice that he got the award.

#9535 - 02/17/20 01:32 PM Re: Joaquin Phoenix Speach at the Oscars [Re: Cheyenne]
Zingish Offline
Artisan

I am old enough to remember the Oscar award to Marlon Brando for "Last Tango in Paris." He didn't attend the ceremony, but had a native
American woman accept the award on his behalf. So the woman started in and spoke about the mistreatment of Native Americans. There was a lot of booing and hissing from the audience as she spoke. I guess actors have always used their acceptance speeches to inject their political views.

#9540 - 02/18/20 09:57 AM Re: Joaquin Phoenix Speach at the Oscars [Re: Zingish]

Pooh-Bah

I read about that a few years ago. It is very disappointing that attitude in Hollywood as changed to much. What is going on now is an insult the fans.

#9546 - 02/18/20 09:38 PM Re: Joaquin Phoenix Speach at the Oscars [Re: Cheyenne]
AspX Online   content
Sage

Loc: Detroit
Let me start off by saying I don't want politics to play out on that stage and react the same way as you do... but I want to bring a different point of view and play devil's advocate just a little.

As an actor you are framed by your work that is most often written by someone else and not necessarily who you are as a person. You also tend to be a passionate type of person who believes in different causes but your media appearances are almost always in support of a project that you must promote rather than your own causes.

At an awards show, especially the largest one, you are given a massive platform to speak to hundreds of millions of people from your heart Therefore, you can make a choice... Call out and thank people (most of whom you see all the time and that you can personally thank at any point) or use that platform to highlight a situation or cause that has a very deep meaning to yourself but that doesn't get the kind of media attention or support that you believe it deserves.

Understanding that even if the reaction is negative, it still brings attention to the cause that you mentioned and sparks a conversation that wasn't being had the week before you won the award. As a passionate person yourself, would you pass up this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to bring attention to something you truly care about in favor of listing some, but not all, of the people who worked on the project that brought you the award?

Please indulge me taking it a step further... What would your reaction have been if instead of some dumbass dairy thing, an actor whose house was spared in the California wildfires spoke about that. Instead of naming off people from the movie that brought him the award, he thanked all those brave firefighters who put their lives on the line in that endeavor.

How about if he named and thanked those that lost their lives and giving condolences to their families speaking about the sacrifice that Joe Smith's 15 year old son who hopes to go to USC and play baseball in a couple of years or John Brown's 6 year old daughter who loved petting the firehouse dog must now live with? In 2002, were you upset that so many people receiving awards mentioned 9/11 and the first responders? I am guessing not.

To be clear, I am not comparing those types of acceptance speeches to what Joaquin said. I am just pointing out that those things which may be acceptable to you are also not just thinking those people who worked on the movie. Personally, I actually didn't like 2002 nor would I like the firefighter thing but I can't really fault someone who has that platform for such a short amount of time making a decision to talk about something they care deeply about rather than listing off names.

#9547 - 02/18/20 09:55 PM Re: Joaquin Phoenix Speach at the Oscars [Re: Zingish]
AspX Online   content
Sage

Loc: Detroit
Originally Posted By Zingish
I am old enough to remember the Oscar award to Marlon Brando for "Last Tango in Paris." He didn't attend the ceremony, but had a native American woman accept the award on his behalf. So the woman started in and spoke about the mistreatment of Native Americans. There was a lot of booing and hissing from the audience as she spoke. I guess actors have always used their acceptance speeches to inject their political views.

Actually, that was for "The Godfather" ... He was nominated again the next year for "Last Tango in Paris" and most critixs agree that he didn't win the award specifically because of how he disrespected tha Oscars the year before with the Native American woman stunt (Jack Lemmon actually wom for his role in "Save The Tiger").

#9548 - 02/19/20 12:25 AM Re: Joaquin Phoenix Speach at the Oscars [Re: AspX]

Pooh-Bah

You make points. I agree with you. My preference would be keep it to the movies. But, thanking someone in this situations you just mentioned is much less offensive than, using the award stage as a place to talk about personal political views. In saying this, I agree with Phoenix's opinions on dairy. But, keep that conversation where it belongs. Sounds like we are on the same page with this one.

Moderator:  Cheyenne, Mistress Tissa 
Shout Box

Who's Online
316 registered (nysubjack, CelesteTaylor, marstoy, broom, Madam Jess, Protons1, HellionCobRoller, The Thomas, Cheyenne, Soapy, SeekingAdventure, AspX, langerr, WestAugust, HenryB, Old_Timer_FL, Ms_Gia_Peccato, OverHerKnee, international, betadog, MistressMaraM, Stern Miss Lea, Chi61, mike04071, Poester, tosser, palmer, Mistress Tissa, buffalo, Domthissub, zrfwd, Chuck123, Domina M, TheDriver, midlet, Eva Lordes, 2Balls1Cock, Mistress Berlin NYC, painslut, gfred1, mbilbo, Curiouser, shlem, badboy, DommeLynx, DominaAdmin, artiemus1, T-bone, zeta, cbtlover, Dominions, Gil, EvedLeNashim, Violetwand, denali, schrads, Bruce88, MsRoseWoods, furfan, Mistress UV, Moth to a Flame, EllaStrictland, Lady Paradise, ElenaDeLuca, Browniepoints95, Bruxelles, Boucheron, Lady Bellatrix, Slv4u, Lady Velvet Steel, domtsub, Robert1218, sheba322000, Swinburne, ztrade, LAN, Awillingstudent, Domina_Felicity_Hart, Jeffmill999, SlaveGunner, Felix, ingridguerci94, bane, ChicagoSlicker, cbot, GulfCoastal, strangefruit, Jogo, Mistress Aurianna, Alexandra Snow, Gaped_Crab, KinkyBoston, Natasha Strange, slvmaximus, bondagelover, llf, sfotk1, servedeaj, need to serve, Chamberpot, Stephen M, jadreg13, Lpbri, Eastbabyhuey, Mistress Ayn, mass, Kallcarrty, jeanmarc, MayaMidnight, mikel, kefxb24, porkster, Bound ashtray Man, Ma$oboy, MsKittyLaReaux, GrimmX, SubbyAnt, KYboy, chuck, zetaomicron, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Komodo, Normaldude, jlars555, isuffr4her, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Mistress Troy, Scs202323, Oliver Cromwell, coockiemonsterworshp, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Miss Grey, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, all2easy, Mistress Ruby Riots, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, pinkcaboose, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, Bill Coda, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, AaronGrant, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666), 33055 Guests and 105 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

Sponsor a Domina