I was wondering how people like to handle the arrival and subsequent transition into beginning the session. Do you like a full on Mistress D/s vibe right from the time the door opens or are you more comfortable with some chat time with a gradual transition into play?

I generally fall into the second category and enjoy a little "hi how are you" time before things begin.....(especially true if it's a first session or a Domme you haven't seen in some time) then maybe some talk about equipment and possible activities and then play.

The actual transition can be fun too. One of my favourites was a first session about 15 years ago that I still remember well. We had spent about 15 minutes chatting over an iced tea and then had a quick studio tour with some talk about some of the furniture.

Then there was a subtle shift in her posture and tone of voice. her voice got more abrupt and there was no doubt she was issuing orders. She said something like.... "Well it's time we started. I'm going to step out for a few minutes. When I return you'll be undressed,clothes neatly folded on the bench and your nose on that red dot, palms flat on the floor, either side of your head". She pointed to a small red sticker in the middle of the floor. Then she said "once your nose is on the dot it doesn't move off it" and walked out.

She was probably only gone 5-10 minutes and I only spent about 5 minutes or so kneeling with my nose on the dot but it seemed like forever....it was a very hot beginning and it certainly got me in the right frame of mind to play!

Dommes, what's your preference on arrivals and scene beginnings? Do you have a go to routine or does it depend on the client?