by Soapy
04/26/24 04:50 AM
Where the hell am I?
by Cheyenne
04/25/24 06:39 AM
X POST?
by Soapy
04/23/24 09:34 AM
Dungeon Rentals in Greater Los Angeles or Orange County CA?
by Domina_Felicity_Hart
04/22/24 06:56 PM
New Reviews
Not Quite Reviews but...A List Amazing Mistresses I've Served over the Yrs
by Mistress Tissa
04/14/24 10:22 PM
Domina Sophie Agenoux of LA and San Francisco
by Domina M
04/14/24 04:23 AM
Mistresses Ultra Violet & Carissa Montgomery
by KYboy
04/10/24 04:57 AM
Domina Sohpie Agenoux of Los Angels (SF and Paris too). INCREDIBLE
by EvedLeNashim
04/09/24 05:52 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#14681 - 05/30/21 06:25 PM Femdom advertising on social media
Spark Online   content
Enthusiast

Does anyone else feel that advertising on social media for femdom has gotten overwhelmingly negative to the point of being a turnoff?

Years ago I remember going through classifieds or websites for fetish and kink and seeing phrases like “fetish friendly” and “kinks respected in a non judgementsl way” “safe place to act out your fetish” You would read an add or a website to try to determine if your interests and personality would align. But there would often be respectful communication leading up to the session between dommes and subs. I still got my ass beat for a few hours but We would hug hello and goodbye before and after a session.

Perhaps the loudest voices get amplified on social media. But i now see so much disrespect on both sides when it comes to advertising services. Dommes receiving negative comments on their appearance and being asked completely inappropriate questions by clients for a public forum. Men being called losers, addicted, worthless etc.

Perhaps this is what attracts business these days.

But it seems like there used to be an art and an etiquette to this that has been lost.

#14687 - 05/31/21 05:53 AM Re: Femdom advertising on social media [Re: Spark]
MissMary Online   content
Regular

The social media platform as opposed to a traditional website takes a lot of the mystery and reverence away. Is it vital for a professional to have a presence on social media?

#14691 - 05/31/21 08:11 AM Re: Femdom advertising on social media [Re: Spark]
Mistressnumber1 Offline

Occasional

Most of the so-called Dommes on social media. Are in fact, fat hirsute Scots pretending to be young attractive findoms. The whole social media fiasco is for suckers!

I don't have a two face book, or a twater account and I'm damn proud to say it! Everyone has a right to their own opinion, but most should keep it to themselves! Not blast it on social media.

#14692 - 05/31/21 01:24 PM Re: Femdom advertising on social media [Re: Spark]
palmer Online   content
Artisan

I agree with you. Scrolling through femdom twitter can be really dispiriting. I think findom has a place, but online it sometimes seems that it's all there is, and a lot of findom-type dynamics have spilled over more generally into the online marketing of many dommes who don't primarily base their practice around financial domination. I'm referring here to the things you're referring to -- the onslaught of "loser," etc. Of course, this isn't everyone, but I think the shift to online many dommes had to do during the pandemic caused them to shift how they had to present themselves to succeed in that arena.

#14708 - 06/01/21 02:30 PM Re: Femdom advertising on social media [Re: Spark]
Cheyenne Online   content

Pooh-Bah

I don't like to hear words like pay piggy and loser either. Some men like that but, it is has become cliche. There have been a few doms who have presented this fetish quite well. Princess Sierra comes to mind. She was hilarious and involved in the scene at an in person level. But, ladies throwing around these terms on line, I have to wonder if they even know what they are talking about. It comes across like telemarketing. Social media makes it all too easy these days. Before then, there was a financial investment to advertise. The phonies got weeded out pretty quickly.

#14738 - 06/02/21 08:58 PM Re: Femdom advertising on social media [Re: Spark]
tabula Online   content
Artisan

Loc: New York
I think we are following different Femdom Twitters. The Femdom twitter I know is a wonderful place of Dommes supporting each other and being appreciated. Perhaps there is something occasionally disrespectful said but it's mostly ignored. Perhaps it's because my follow list is highly curated.

It was remarked that social media takes some of the mystery away. But I have to say it's an excellent way to get a bit of a glimpse into the personality of a Domme you are considering reaching out to. I would be concerned about reaching out to a Domme who didn't at least have a somewhat regular presence on at least one social media platform. It goes a long way towards letting me know they are real and still interested in prospective clients.

#14740 - 06/03/21 01:14 AM Re: Femdom advertising on social media [Re: Cheyenne]
Spark Online   content
Enthusiast

Princess Sierra is a blast from the past. I remember looking at her website in my 20’s back when i had too little money to be doing this

I agree on words like pay piggy. Ive done some findom to a fairly heavy level in fact my current D/s relationship started as findom although we have long since dropped that as a consensual kink. A surefire way to get me to not send money would be to refer to me as a pay piggy.

#14744 - 06/03/21 02:04 AM Re: Femdom advertising on social media [Re: Spark]
TedBCruisin Online   content
Enthusiast

I don't read social media at all. I like the old fashion websites that provide information for a session with a nice photo gallery. Fetlife has been good for that too.

#14752 - 06/03/21 07:38 AM Re: Femdom advertising on social media [Re: Cheyenne]
RudolfW Offline
Artisan

Originally Posted By Cheyenne
I don't like to hear words like pay piggy and loser either. Some men like that but, it is has become cliche. There have been a few doms who have presented this fetish quite well. Princess Sierra comes to mind. She was hilarious and involved in the scene at an in person level. But, ladies throwing around these terms on line, I have to wonder if they even know what they are talking about. It comes across like telemarketing. Social media makes it all too easy these days. Before then, there was a financial investment to advertise. The phonies got weeded out pretty quickly.

There are some women I see who post their receipts on twitter and write pay. Then you'll see her showing how someone sent that amount via Cashapp or something like that. One of the women has that I'm dominant, so it doesn't matter that I'm overweight attitude and when she uploads her receipts, I can't help but see how much of a slob it makes her look. We're not talking a chicken avocado salad and smoothie. We're talking a couple BBQ sandwiches, sides of fries, basically an ala carte buffet.

But women should honestly upload their crypto QR codes. They just might get men to send them money. They're foolish not to.

#14766 - 06/04/21 02:06 AM Re: Femdom advertising on social media [Re: Spark]
Tristan Offline
Artisan

I'm not seeing any of that - but that might be because I shit canned most social media. Its usually nothing by a cesspool.

The other thing to consider too, is that most people simply cannot write. Rudimentary writing skills seem to be in precious limited supply. Its possible the idea they are trying to convey is not malicious, but simply written badly.

Edited by Tristan (06/04/21 02:08 AM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Shout Box

Who's Online
320 registered (MsRoseWoods, furfan, DominaAdmin, langerr, Awillingstudent, Moth to a Flame, buffalo, nysubjack, Soapy, Stern Miss Lea, WestAugust, Mistress Berlin NYC, CelesteTaylor, Poester, denali, Cheyenne, tosser, Bill Coda, HellionCobRoller, Dunkinsimth, artiemus1, Chi61, Domina M, TheDriver, broom, cbtlover, Ms_Gia_Peccato, The Thomas, DommeLynx, Mistress Ruby Riots, Eva Lordes, Boucheron, Chuck123, Bruce88, ztrade, spiderone23, marstoy, Mistress Tissa, midlet, Mistress UV, Old_Timer_FL, ilyaserdyukov, billw, ingridguerci94, Bound ashtray Man, SeekingAdventure, Oliver Cromwell, Dominions, international, AaronGrant, sfotk1, Lady Velvet Steel, Mistress Troy, mike04071, Madam Jess, Protons1, AspX, HenryB, OverHerKnee, betadog, MistressMaraM, palmer, Domthissub, zrfwd, 2Balls1Cock, painslut, gfred1, mbilbo, Curiouser, shlem, badboy, T-bone, zeta, Gil, EvedLeNashim, Violetwand, schrads, EllaStrictland, Lady Paradise, ElenaDeLuca, Browniepoints95, Bruxelles, Lady Bellatrix, Slv4u, domtsub, Robert1218, sheba322000, Swinburne, LAN, Domina_Felicity_Hart, Jeffmill999, SlaveGunner, Felix, bane, ChicagoSlicker, cbot, GulfCoastal, strangefruit, Jogo, Mistress Aurianna, Alexandra Snow, Gaped_Crab, KinkyBoston, Natasha Strange, slvmaximus, bondagelover, llf, servedeaj, need to serve, Chamberpot, Stephen M, jadreg13, Lpbri, Eastbabyhuey, Mistress Ayn, mass, Kallcarrty, jeanmarc, MayaMidnight, mikel, kefxb24, porkster, Ma$oboy, MsKittyLaReaux, GrimmX, SubbyAnt, KYboy, chuck, zetaomicron, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Komodo, Normaldude, jlars555, isuffr4her, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Scs202323, coockiemonsterworshp, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Miss Grey, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, all2easy, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, pinkcaboose, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666), 33683 Guests and 105 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Sara Lips Wrestling