by Cheyenne
04/25/24 06:39 AM
Session Rates going down
by Mistress Tissa
04/23/24 08:46 PM
X POST?
by Soapy
04/23/24 09:34 AM
Dungeon Rentals in Greater Los Angeles or Orange County CA?
by Domina_Felicity_Hart
04/22/24 06:56 PM
New Reviews
Not Quite Reviews but...A List Amazing Mistresses I've Served over the Yrs
by Mistress Tissa
04/14/24 10:22 PM
Domina Sophie Agenoux of LA and San Francisco
by Domina M
04/14/24 04:23 AM
Mistresses Ultra Violet & Carissa Montgomery
by KYboy
04/10/24 04:57 AM
Domina Sohpie Agenoux of Los Angels (SF and Paris too). INCREDIBLE
by EvedLeNashim
04/09/24 05:52 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#6889 - 09/23/19 08:11 PM Air BNB sessions
Mistress Ayn Online   content

Veteran

Loc: Atlanta, GA and Romania

I see more and more traveling Dommes advertising that they do sessions from short term rentals like AirBNB these days as opposed to hotels. Personally I think it would be cool to be able to spread out in an apartment or condo but I have a bit of trepidation. Have any of you (sub or Domme) sessioned from a space like this? Were you concerned about the owner popping in or neighbors complaining? Just curious.

Main website: www.mistressayn.com
Content site: www.aynrules.com
Follow Me on Twitter - @MistressAyn

#6894 - 09/23/19 08:45 PM Re: Air BNB sessions [Re: Mistress Ayn]
junglebeast Online   content
Addict

Mistress, as someone who had to deal with two AirBNB’s next door to me in NYC - one was a two family house and the other a three family house with neither landlord on the premises it was a problem as a homeowner in the middle. We had to call NYPD and NYFD for unruly behavior a couple of times. No kink, just people there for a few days each time that felt entitled to act out.

As a sub I wouldn’t play in an AirBNB especially if it was a first time session with a traveling Mistress. Too many variables... things that could go wrong.

Most of my sessions since 2000 have been in hotels or the Dominas’ apartments. A lot safer and discreet.

#6895 - 09/23/19 09:16 PM Re: Air BNB sessions [Re: Mistress Ayn]
OwwItHz Offline
Regular

Loc: DC Metro
AirBnB has a specific statement that thou shalt not do anything other than home-like things in their properties. If you don't get caught, there will be no problem. If you do get caught, there could be trouble.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's similar restrictions about what you can't do in a hotel room, buried somewhere in the fine print. The hotel can deal with the bad press (maybe even profit from it) but with an AirBnB, it's personal property, and being caught being naughty in a rental could look bad for the gracious homeowner. Or, if it's a commercial property (that is, nobody really lives there) it could be bad news for the host.

#6903 - 09/24/19 03:16 AM Re: Air BNB sessions [Re: Mistress Ayn]
Domina M Online   content

Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
It is always problematic either way, but one can get some pretty cool AirBnB's which make for a great kink setting.

Before I moved to Paris I used AirBnB apartments because there were no dungeons to rent. Sessioning out of a hotel is really not an option as they are REALLY small, REALLY expensive, security can be quite tight and thus most clients won't see a domme in a hotel.

Geesh, I don't miss those days. So glad to have my dungeon.

#6907 - 09/24/19 05:33 AM Re: Air BNB sessions [Re: Mistress Ayn]
Cheyenne Online   content

Pooh-Bah

I used rentals when traveling and, for location shoots before there was Air BNB. Back then homeaway.com and, sites like that were just becoming popular. Whether shooting or, sessioning, it can be a little dicey as far as discretion. There were a few close calls and, funny stories but, over 20 plus years, no real problems. Residents Inn was always a good go to for sessions when I couldn't find a private home that fit the part. My favorite, was the cabins in the woods with open beams. Most of them had outdoor hot tubs. Do you travel often, Ayn?

#6911 - 09/24/19 06:35 AM Re: Air BNB sessions [Re: Cheyenne]
OwwItHz Offline
Regular

Loc: DC Metro
Originally Posted By Cheyenne
Residents Inn was always a good go to for sessions when I couldn't find a private home that fit the part.

I stayed in Residence Inns frequently when I worked on field projects for a couple of weeks at a time. I've recognized their furniture and furnishings in many kink photos and videos.

#6917 - 09/24/19 07:39 AM Re: Air BNB sessions [Re: Mistress Ayn]
MsRoseWoods Online   content

Enthusiast

Originally Posted By Mistress Ayn

I see more and more traveling Dommes advertising that they do sessions from short term rentals like AirBNB these days as opposed to hotels. Personally I think it would be cool to be able to spread out in an apartment or condo but I have a bit of trepidation. Have any of you (sub or Domme) sessioned from a space like this? Were you concerned about the owner popping in or neighbors complaining? Just curious.

I won't session or play in an AirBnB. The property owners can and do, install surveillance equipment. I've got friends that discovered cameras in their AirBnB, while on a trip to the mountains. The property owner didn't disclose this fact to AirBnB.

https://mashable.com/article/airbnb-camera-recording-policy/

Yes, Airbnb is totally cool with hosts placing video cameras inside their rentals. And yes, it's creepy as hell.

The issue of hidden cameras in Airbnbs is once again back in the news this week, after a family traveling through Ireland discovered a camera disguised as some sort of smoke detector in their rental. And while, according to CNN, Airbnb eventually sided with the family, the latest privacy-violating incident forces us to confront a larger structural issue sure to turn off many a renter: Airbnb policy permits hosts to put recording devices inside of their units.

SEE ALSO: How to check if your Airbnb host is secretly filming you

You read that correctly. There is no explicit Airbnb ban on hosts recording guests inside of the rented house or apartment in question. Airbnb does have rules governing the practice, but they shouldn't necessarily put you at ease.

For starters, Airbnb's policy on cameras states that a host must "disclose all surveillance devices in their listings," and that hosts are required to "disclose if an active recording is taking place."

A good start, right? Well, maybe. When reached for comment, an Airbnb spokesperson provided the below screenshot of a real listing that the company says properly discloses surveillance devices.

The disclosure, buried at the bottom of the listing, is troublingly vague.

"Surveillance or recording devices on property," it warns. "For added peace of mind, we have security cameras by gate entrance and common areas."

Just what, exactly, is a common area? An outside back patio? The front hallway? A living room? It's not clear. It would be all too easy for a renter to either overlook the disclosure, or misread it and think it applied to something like a back deck.

We followed up with Airbnb for clarification, and a spokesperson replied that the above disclosure applies to the "property in general." In other words, yeah, that's all the warning you're going to get if there's a camera inside the rental.

There is another important restriction that Airbnb puts on cameras inside of rentals, but this, too, shouldn't completely assuage your concerns. The aforementioned policy states that the company "[prohibits] any surveillance devices that are in or that observe the interior of certain private spaces (such as bedrooms and bathrooms) regardless of whether they’ve been disclosed."

However, that implicitly allows for hosts to put cameras in places — like living rooms or kitchens, perhaps — that Airbnb doesn't consider to be "certain private spaces."

Essentially, you stumbling to the bathroom at 2 a.m. in a state of undress could be fair game for recording, as long as you have to pass through the living room to get there. You would be forgiven for finding that unsettling.

It's worth emphasizing again that, yes, Airbnb does ban hidden cameras, undisclosed recording devices of any kind, and cameras inside of bedrooms or bathrooms. But that really isn't enough. As demonstrated by the Airbnb-provided example of a listing abiding by the rules, guests are still forced to navigate some serious gray areas when it comes to their privacy. And that's not OK.

Making disclosures more prominent, and requiring hosts to specify the exact location and type of recording devices inside of a home, would go part of the way toward addressing the issue. But only part of the way. Banning interior recording devices completely is the only true policy that would assure guests that a host isn't watching their almost every move — all with Airbnb's tacit approval.

*FINAL UPDATE: WE HAVE NOW BEEN CONTACTED BY NUMEROUS GUESTS OF THIS LISTING THAT AIRBNB ALLOWED TO STAY IN THE PROPERTY WHILE IT WAS REMOVED FROM THE PLATFORM AND UNDER INVESTIGATION FOR A HIDDEN CAMERA. AIRBNB NEVER INFORMED THE GUESTS OF THIS OR GAVE THEM THE OPPORTUNITY TO CANCEL THEIR BOOKING* Knowingly sending victims into a surveillance environment. Such a shocker.

#6920 - 09/24/19 09:26 AM Re: Air BNB sessions [Re: Cheyenne]

Veteran

Hello Cheyenne,

I don't travel all that often but there are a couple of places I have been wanting to visit - Detroit and Boston. It would be nice to be able to rent space from another Mistress like I recently did in Dallas recently, but that is not an option in either of these cities.

I went to KinkBNB (kink friendly version of Airbnb) but they want you to join just to view the properties - which is a bad business model in my opinion.

When I do travel I try to find a hotel with a 2 room set suite, but that can get expensive. My only issue with Residence Inn is that the walls are just so damned thin.

I can imagine a cabin in the woods would be awesome if you knew all of your clients well. Sounds absolutely perfect.

#6921 - 09/24/19 09:32 AM Re: Air BNB sessions [Re: OwwItHz]

Veteran

Yes, that is my trepidation exactly - getting caught. I think most hotels turn a blind eye if they are aware at all. I am convinced that one of my regular hotels knows exactly what is going on with me. I have even met the head of security - twice. I am quiet, discreet and spend a ton of money with them. He gave me this sly look and said, "I remember you".

#6922 - 09/24/19 09:35 AM Re: Air BNB sessions [Re: MsRoseWoods]

Veteran

Wow. I never even thought of this - and I should have. When you are dealing with individuals, anything can happen. Thanks for sharing this Ms Rose.

By the way, do you prefer to be address as Ms. Rose or Ms. Woods or Ms. RoseWoods?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Shout Box

Who's Online
308 registered (Soapy, denali, DominaAdmin, schrads, CelesteTaylor, langerr, broom, international, cbtlover, Domina M, Cheyenne, Old_Timer_FL, zeta, Bruce88, MsRoseWoods, Chi61, Dominions, Chuck123, tosser, furfan, Poester, Mistress UV, nysubjack, artiemus1, marstoy, TheDriver, The Thomas, Mistress Tissa, Moth to a Flame, HellionCobRoller, EllaStrictland, palmer, Lady Paradise, HenryB, painslut, midlet, ElenaDeLuca, WestAugust, Browniepoints95, Bruxelles, Boucheron, Lady Bellatrix, Slv4u, Lady Velvet Steel, SeekingAdventure, domtsub, Robert1218, sheba322000, Swinburne, ztrade, LAN, Awillingstudent, buffalo, Domina_Felicity_Hart, Jeffmill999, Protons1, SlaveGunner, Felix, ingridguerci94, bane, ChicagoSlicker, DommeLynx, Violetwand, cbot, GulfCoastal, strangefruit, Jogo, Mistress Aurianna, Alexandra Snow, Gaped_Crab, KinkyBoston, Natasha Strange, slvmaximus, bondagelover, llf, sfotk1, Curiouser, servedeaj, need to serve, Chamberpot, Stephen M, T-bone, jadreg13, Lpbri, Eastbabyhuey, EvedLeNashim, Mistress Ayn, mass, Kallcarrty, Ms_Gia_Peccato, jeanmarc, MayaMidnight, mikel, kefxb24, porkster, Bound ashtray Man, Ma$oboy, Madam Jess, MsKittyLaReaux, GrimmX, SubbyAnt, mbilbo, KYboy, chuck, Mistress Berlin NYC, zetaomicron, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Komodo, mike04071, gfred1, Normaldude, jlars555, isuffr4her, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Mistress Troy, Scs202323, Oliver Cromwell, coockiemonsterworshp, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Miss Grey, shlem, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, all2easy, Mistress Ruby Riots, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, pinkcaboose, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, MistressMaraM, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, zrfwd, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, Bill Coda, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, AaronGrant, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666, AspX), 32581 Guests and 103 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

Mistress  Lexine