04/10/24 04:57 AM
Domina Sohpie Agenoux of Los Angels (SF and Paris too). INCREDIBLE
by EvedLeNashim
04/09/24 05:52 PM
Topic Options
#632 - 12/11/15 02:37 PM Performers, Artists Who Become Dominas
junglepet Offline
Artisan

This conversation in New Reviews http://coot.arvixe.com/~domroot/thebuzz/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=630#Post630
got me thinking. Four of the seven dominas I mentioned I found out were or are trained as performers of some type in their vanilla lives: dancers, athletes or artists of some type. Does anyone here think that the performance art or artistic training some dominas have make them more creative, and popular, than those who don't?

#633 - 12/12/15 07:21 AM Re: Performers, Artists Who Become Dominas [Re: junglepet]
OwwItHz Offline
Regular

Loc: DC Metro
Clare Fonda is a stand-up comic. I've had a couple of sessions with her (pure spanking, of course) and she's a lot of fun.

#640 - 12/13/15 01:47 PM Re: Performers, Artists Who Become Dominas [Re: junglepet]
Mistress Ayn Online   content

Veteran

Loc: Atlanta, GA and Romania
I don't come from that background at all. My previous career was corporate and then entrepreneurial - and I think I'm pretty damned creative.

Main website: www.mistressayn.com
Content site: www.aynrules.com
Follow Me on Twitter - @MistressAyn

#645 - 12/15/15 09:04 AM Re: Performers, Artists Who Become Dominas [Re: Mistress Ayn]
junglepet Offline
Artisan

Originally Posted By Mistress Ayn
I don't come from that background at all. My previous career was corporate and then entrepreneurial - and I think I'm pretty damned creative.

Mistress, since you survived a corporate career to do what you are doing now you have to be, in your words, "pretty damned creative"!

My point was that several of the dominas that I enjoyed serving the most were in some form of creative arts - or athletics. The one Mistress, actually the most legendary of them all, Belle de Jour, was an entrepreneur (she owned her own beauty salon), NYC real estate investor and owned or co-owned several dungeons.

#650 - 12/16/15 09:14 PM Re: Performers, Artists Who Become Dominas [Re: junglepet]
Mistress Ayn Online   content

Veteran

Loc: Atlanta, GA and Romania
Originally Posted By junglepet
Mistress, since you survived a corporate career to do what you are doing now you have to be, in your words, "pretty damned creative"!

Oh, you are correct about that junglepet and I am certainly a lot happier too. In My opinion a good (read successful) Mistress is both creative and entrepreneurial. One without the other is a failure in professional domination. I see lots of innate talent and love of BDSM, but no business sense and vice versa. It's a non-starter.

Main website: www.mistressayn.com
Content site: www.aynrules.com
Follow Me on Twitter - @MistressAyn

#652 - 12/17/15 04:05 AM Re: Performers, Artists Who Become Dominas [Re: junglepet]
Domina M Online   content

Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
I think a lot of dommes exit into the performing arts as well. Most all the burlesque performers I know were professional dommes for a while and some very famous dommes as well.

I am sure those with artistic aspirations are attracted to domination for it's mental stimulation, not to mention it's flexible schedule. So that's not a surprise.

I bailed on law school to be a full-time domme, so it doesn't ring true for me. Having said that, most people have creative desires and being a domme is very stimulating in that way. Being a domme, while a lot of work allows a woman to have one foot planted in the fetish world and another in painting, dancing, acting, writing or other artistic endeavors.

#654 - 12/17/15 08:37 AM Re: Performers, Artists Who Become Dominas [Re: junglepet]
junglepet Offline
Artisan

Domina M, you can make the argument that most lawyers are also performance artists. (LOL!)

About your point about burlesque performers I just remembered Bunny Glamazon, who is more on the bodybuilder side of domination, was one. She's 6' 6" or 6' 7" in heels. I sessioned with her once and she was great for my Amazon role play.

I've met "showgirls" who became dominas. One of the mistresses I mentioned in my original post, now retired, was a Vegas showgirl who has great legs. She said she always had a dominant personality (very true), so when she got tired hearing middle aged guys hitting on her late in her career she turned to domination and scissoring.

Another lady was classic old school and a blunt New Yorker from the mid-1980s, Betty, who as a showgirl at the old Copacabana in the early '60s and had celebrity pictures to prove it. Betty was around 50 at the time, 6' in heels, busty, had redwoods for legs, and sessioned in a studio apartment on the upper East Side she kept just for that purpose. Betty was creative & flexible, but in complete control. And she was selective - no ads. I met her through Ava Taurel. But Betty wasn't strictly a domina since she offered other services.

#721 - 01/02/16 12:32 PM Re: Performers, Artists Who Become Dominas [Re: junglepet]
onhisknees Offline

my dream is to meet a surfing domme, someone to give me the fully sissy treatment after a morning in the ocean

Shout Box

Who's Online
330 registered (Soapy, HouseofServitude, palmer, Michelle Lacy, otkbrat, Mistress UV, domtsub, Moth to a Flame, langerr, DominaAdmin, HellionCobRoller, servedeaj, Mistress An Li, weisen, Lady Velvet Steel, Bruce88, NYC slut, Cheyenne, DommeLynx, Chi61, furfan, Domina M, tosser, CelesteTaylor, pinkcaboose, T-bone, Mistress Mickey, Chuck123, Dominions, Eastbabyhuey, Ma$oboy, Boucheron, The Thomas, NYC Mistress Devi, nysubjack, TheDriver, kefxb24, middleboy992, WestAugust, MayaMidnight, Stern Miss Lea, Curiouser, callybionic, EvedLeNashim, buffalo, porkster, Bruxelles, artiemus1, international, denali, MsRoseWoods, Awillingstudent, Mistress Berlin NYC, Poester, Bill Coda, Dunkinsimth, broom, cbtlover, Ms_Gia_Peccato, Mistress Ruby Riots, Eva Lordes, ztrade, spiderone23, marstoy, Mistress Tissa, midlet, Old_Timer_FL, ilyaserdyukov, billw, ingridguerci94, Bound ashtray Man, SeekingAdventure, Oliver Cromwell, AaronGrant, sfotk1, Mistress Troy, mike04071, Madam Jess, Protons1, AspX, HenryB, OverHerKnee, betadog, MistressMaraM, Domthissub, zrfwd, 2Balls1Cock, painslut, gfred1, mbilbo, shlem, badboy, zeta, Gil, Violetwand, schrads, EllaStrictland, Lady Paradise, ElenaDeLuca, Browniepoints95, Lady Bellatrix, Slv4u, Robert1218, sheba322000, Swinburne, LAN, Domina_Felicity_Hart, Jeffmill999, SlaveGunner, Felix, bane, ChicagoSlicker, cbot, GulfCoastal, strangefruit, Jogo, Mistress Aurianna, Alexandra Snow, Gaped_Crab, KinkyBoston, Natasha Strange, slvmaximus, bondagelover, llf, need to serve, Chamberpot, Stephen M, jadreg13, Lpbri, Mistress Ayn, mass, Kallcarrty, jeanmarc, mikel, MsKittyLaReaux, GrimmX, SubbyAnt, KYboy, chuck, zetaomicron, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Komodo, Normaldude, jlars555, isuffr4her, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Scs202323, coockiemonsterworshp, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Miss Grey, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, all2easy, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666), 33931 Guests and 105 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Sponsor a Domina