In Chastity For Mistress Victoria Cayne
by nysubjack
03/27/24 09:31 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#13261 - 02/08/21 04:21 AM No Blindfold Request
ScoobyBelfast Online   content
Enthusiast

Is this reasonable to ask for? It isn't a limit. Sometimes I like it. But I have an upcoming session with a Mistress for the first time. I really want to soak it all in visually. In the spirit of not peppering her with the dozens of questions going through my mind, any advice would be appreciated. Is this a common request?

#13267 - 02/08/21 09:25 AM Re: No Blindfold Request [Re: ScoobyBelfast]
Soapy Online   happy
Addict

I think the blindfolds may be for the prodommes, and not so much for their clients.

#13268 - 02/08/21 10:09 AM Re: No Blindfold Request [Re: Soapy]
ScoobyBelfast Online   content
Enthusiast

That is an interesting perspective. This might be a stupid question, coming from someone who is brand new to this. But why would a prodom prefer their customer to be blindfolded?

#13269 - 02/08/21 10:13 AM Re: No Blindfold Request [Re: ScoobyBelfast]
Soapy Online   happy
Addict

They might not want that kind of emotional intensity with a stranger.

#13271 - 02/08/21 04:10 PM Re: No Blindfold Request [Re: ScoobyBelfast]
tabula Online   content
Artisan

Loc: New York
I think for most it represents another way to give up control. Letting go of your ability to see, is another way of submitting. It can also bring up emotions like fear, anticipation, teasing and so on. I think most Dommes who blindfold are doing it to play with these types of emotions. I believe most Dommes use a blindfold in an attempt to add this type of excitement to a session and it is totally well meaning.

I think the OP is concerned it might have the opposite effect. That not being able to see the gorgeous sexy Domme in the room with them may be a bit disconnecting in the session. I think this is true for the first few sessions with a Domme. Typically, I've not liked blindfolds for just that reason, I want to see who I'm enduring for and I want to see how happy she is at my suffering. There is no bigger turn on than seeing the joy in a Dommes eyes. So there is a bit of a disconnect, especially if we are establishing our S/m dynamic when the blindfold goes on.

That being said, sensory deprivation (sight in this case) can be a wonderful tool when the S/m dynamic with the Domme is established and strong. Under those conditions I was recently subjected to a tight, restrictive full rubber hood with no eye or nose holes and only a tube for the mouth. It was very claustrophobic in there and a bit scary when she put her hand over the breathing tube or tortured me in other ways. But the fact that we had such a strong connection made it an amazing experience. I was able to let go and endure this form of torment for her. And while I couldn't see her, I could hear her enjoyment of my predicament, which made it so, so sexy.

My advice is that if you are hesitant about something like a blindfold, mention it. Say it's something that you need to work up and might feel comfortable with after you interact a bit first. You don't need to pepper her with a bunch of emails, I shoot for one or two to discuss interests and only write more if I'm asked additional questions.

Hope this helps.

Edited by tabula (02/08/21 04:15 PM)
Edit Reason: grammar

#13272 - 02/08/21 04:51 PM Re: No Blindfold Request [Re: ScoobyBelfast]
MayaMidnight Online   content

Artisan

It's not a super common request in my experience, but it's one of gotten a couple of times and it's never bothered me. That said, I am not particularly fond of blindfolds and rarely use them anyway.

A line in your email about "I've enjoyed blindfolds occasionally, but would rather not use them in this particular session" shouldn't be a big deal.

#13273 - 02/08/21 05:43 PM Re: No Blindfold Request [Re: ScoobyBelfast]
Spark Online   content
Enthusiast

I have often asked for no blindfolds for the exact reason that you mention. I want to take it all in.

I also often request no gags as i like to communicate during session.

Both requests have always been honored and well received.

#13275 - 02/08/21 06:40 PM Re: No Blindfold Request [Re: ScoobyBelfast]
AspX Online   content
Sage

Loc: Detroit
When it comes to Dommes, sessions and how they approach that work (and fun) the only truth is that everyone is different. So, the things I am going to mention may apply to just a few or may apply to a majority of Dommes but definitely some and definitely not all... So, whether it matters is really just personal preference on the Domme's part.

For some, the play within a session is also a performance so blindfolding the sub means they don't have to pay attention to the visual part of what the sub is experiencing for at least part of it (and they can dip in and out of it by sliding the blindfold off for a few seconds at a time and putting it back on). That takes a bit of pressure off of them.

Another reason for some is that they don't have to wear heels or corsets the whole time (I have been told by several Dommes that as soon as the blindfold goes on, the heels come off). I have noticed, more than once, a different "costume" at the end of the session than what a Domme was wearing when I first entered the room (and since I don't make clothing requests, I have told Dommes that if something is uncomfortable then not to put it on in the first place for me... But, the reply is usually that putting those things on is part of what gets then into that headspace so it is more about them than me).

#13278 - 02/08/21 09:53 PM Re: No Blindfold Request [Re: ScoobyBelfast]
The Thomas Online   content
Addict

I have only freaked out (panic attack) during a session twice and in both cases it involved a triple combination of tight restraint, heavy corporal and a blindfold. It is not an experience i want to have again so I have made Dommes aware of that since the last incident. I have no problems otherwise with being blindfolded for part of a session. On occasion it has been a slight enhancement.

As to why Dommes use blindfolds my experience that for the most part it is a change of pace, a way to give a segment of a session a different flavor. As for Asp's theory that it gives them an opportunity to slip out of uncomfortable outfits, that might be true in some cases but I've been blindfolded during sessions when they were wearing street clothes (as I've aged outfits have become less and less important to me)

#13279 - 02/08/21 10:08 PM Re: No Blindfold Request [Re: The Thomas]
AspX Online   content
Sage

Loc: Detroit
Originally Posted By The Thomas
As for Asp's theory that it gives them an opportunity to slip out of uncomfortable outfits, that might be true in some cases but I've been blindfolded during sessions when they were wearing street clothes (as I've aged outfits have become less and less important to me)

Oh no... I wasn't saying that was the only reasons Dommes use them in a session. I was only mentioning one reason why some Dommes might like to use them in response to Scooby's follow-up question.

There are tons of reasons to use blindfolds as a Dominant and I just didn't want to repeat what others had already been mentioned. I agree with your theory as well and would throw in the fact that with a blindfold you literally don't know what is coming so it is very useful for a Domme who wants a reaction when switching toys or even gears during a session.

On a different note, I am not there for the outfits either so I leave it up to the Domme to wear whatever she wants. Funnily enough though, I have gone out to lunch/dinner with a Domme after a session & thought she looked way hotter in her street clothes than what she wore in the session so I totally get your point on that. The Woman makes the clothes... Not the other way around.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Shout Box

Who's Online
291 registered (Soapy, furfan, Cheyenne, CelesteTaylor, jadreg13, Chuck123, Chi61, palmer, cbtlover, artiemus1, DominaAdmin, Bruce88, langerr, Eastbabyhuey, international, Lady Velvet Steel, Domina M, nysubjack, The Thomas, ztrade, broom, cbot, marstoy, EvedLeNashim, WestAugust, Protons1, ChicagoSlicker, buffalo, Mistress Ayn, mass, Kallcarrty, tosser, Dominions, TheDriver, denali, midlet, Ms_Gia_Peccato, jeanmarc, Browniepoints95, MayaMidnight, Mistress UV, Lady Bellatrix, Jeffmill999, mikel, kefxb24, Natasha Strange, porkster, Bound ashtray Man, Ma$oboy, Boucheron, sheba322000, MsRoseWoods, llf, Madam Jess, MsKittyLaReaux, Slv4u, DommeLynx, Mistress Tissa, GrimmX, bondagelover, SubbyAnt, mbilbo, KYboy, chuck, Mistress Berlin NYC, Violetwand, SlaveGunner, zetaomicron, Moth to a Flame, LAN, sfotk1, schrads, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Komodo, mike04071, domtsub, gfred1, Stephen M, Normaldude, jlars555, isuffr4her, Awillingstudent, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Mistress Troy, bane, strangefruit, Scs202323, Oliver Cromwell, T-bone, coockiemonsterworshp, Chamberpot, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Lady Paradise, Curiouser, ElenaDeLuca, Miss Grey, shlem, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, ingridguerci94, all2easy, Mistress Ruby Riots, slvmaximus, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, pinkcaboose, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, MistressMaraM, Poester, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, need to serve, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, HellionCobRoller, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, zrfwd, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, Bill Coda, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, Felix, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, AaronGrant, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Mistress Aurianna, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666, AspX), 31309 Guests and 99 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

Mistress Isadora