by Soapy
04/26/24 04:50 AM
Where the hell am I?
by Cheyenne
04/25/24 06:39 AM
X POST?
by Soapy
04/23/24 09:34 AM
Dungeon Rentals in Greater Los Angeles or Orange County CA?
by Domina_Felicity_Hart
04/22/24 06:56 PM
New Reviews
Not Quite Reviews but...A List Amazing Mistresses I've Served over the Yrs
by Mistress Tissa
04/14/24 10:22 PM
Domina Sophie Agenoux of LA and San Francisco
by Domina M
04/14/24 04:23 AM
Mistresses Ultra Violet & Carissa Montgomery
by KYboy
04/10/24 04:57 AM
Domina Sohpie Agenoux of Los Angels (SF and Paris too). INCREDIBLE
by EvedLeNashim
04/09/24 05:52 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#8899 - 12/27/19 04:35 PM Planning vs impromptu
Mistress Ayn Online   content

Veteran

Loc: Atlanta, GA and Romania
I have a number of rules that are meant not only to protect me (and my sanity) but also to protect the sub from themselves. One of those rules is "no same day sessions".

It's amazing to me how many prospective clients are ready to spend $300+ with a Domme without giving her to time to mull the session over, plan and prepare. I would guess these folks expect to have just as stellar a session as the person who set his/her session days or weeks in advance . . . but guess what? They probably won't. I also wonder if these are the same guys that complain when they have a less than thrilling session.

The truth is that most established Mistresses don't accept last minute sessions. That leaves the guy above with the Dommes that will say "yes" and that will probably winnow his choices down to less than the cream of the crop.

Just today I got a text from a guy that said he was in town for the day and wanted to book a session that included X, Y and Z. "Are you available today?" First of all I would guess that he had done zero research before contacting me, so he couldn't possibly know if we were compatible. How do I know this? First, everywhere my phone number is listed it says "no texts" - and how did he choose to contact me? By text. Second, my website states that I don't do same day sessions. (By the way, this is not a one off. I get several emails/texts/calls each week like this.)

If your top criteria is "who is available now", don't be surprised with what you get. There are some activities that you can scrimp on the research and planning. In my opinion, who to see for a FemDom/BDSM is not one of them.

Any thoughts?

Main website: www.mistressayn.com
Content site: www.aynrules.com
Follow Me on Twitter - @MistressAyn

#8900 - 12/27/19 04:57 PM Re: Planning vs impromptu [Re: Mistress Ayn]
AspX Online   content
Sage

Loc: Detroit
Mistress Ayn,

I agree with you completely in terms of first or second visits. But as part of an established relationship, I think an impromptu session can be just as amazing aa one that is planned for a week.

I have supreme confidence that if I was driving thru Atlanta in the next two hours and you had the time/inclination to see me, you could easily deliver an amazing experience to me on that limited notice. I suspect that is also the case in your own personal non-Pro D/s relationship... That you play with kess than a day's planning most of the time.

That play is about what you want to do rather than playing to the sub's script.. but once you intimately know it and trust your instincts in regards to that person, IMO impromptu works well with euther personal or client.

Asp

Ps... I will be in Atlanta in 3 hours if you wanna test my theory

#8903 - 12/27/19 06:21 PM Re: Planning vs impromptu [Re: Mistress Ayn]
The Thomas Online   content
Addict

Never did an impromptu session with an independent. In earlier phases of my life I did some spur of the moment dungeon visits. Two of those were the only time I ever sessioned less than completely sober. Both times I was drinking at a bar that was a fairly short distance from the dungeon. The first time I had 2 drinks and went ahead with the session which was run of the mill. The second time I had more than 2 drinks and went to the dungeon but during the selection process it dawned on me that I was too inebriated and selected no one then departed.

#8904 - 12/27/19 06:28 PM Re: Planning vs impromptu [Re: Mistress Ayn]
AynsToy Offline
Artisan

It took me days upon days of reading web sites, online reviews and anything else I could find before I ever decided to pull the trigger and book my first session with a Domme. Even as a newbie at the time, the *one* thing even I knew and picked up on in my research was the need to be respectful in my approach.

IMHO, hitting up a Domme that I've never communicated with before and who has no idea who I am with a text that says "Are you available today?" along with a list of "activities" is (A) disrespectful and (B) a sure fire way to get rejected by, as you stated, any well established Mistress.

I get that everyone's different, but to me, part of the experience of a great session is the anticipation leading up to it. It's not like I'm out running errands and make a last minute decision on what fast food joint to stop at for lunch. No, a session with a Domme is something that needs to be anticipated... or at least it is for me, that is.

Edited by DemonVoxx (12/27/19 06:30 PM)

~AynsToy

#8910 - 12/27/19 07:40 PM Re: Planning vs impromptu [Re: Mistress Ayn]
Kneel4Her Offline
Regular

Loc: GA
Originally Posted By Mistress Ayn

Just today I got a text from a guy that said he was in town for the day and wanted to book a session

As i was reading Your post i thought "sent a text...that was stupid" he clearly didn't take the time to read Your website because i remember it clearly being stated "no texts".

Originally Posted By DemonVoxx
It took me days to pull the trigger and book my first session with a Domme. Even as a newbie at the time, the *one* thing even I knew and picked up on in my research was the need to be respectful in my approach.

I get that everyone's different, but to me, part of the experience of a great session is the anticipation leading up to it.

Could not agree more with what DemonVoxx said. First it took me days...and secondly I picked up quickly on, be respectful and do your research before contacting a Domme. Also, the anticipation leading up to a session is delicious. wink

I think even if you have sessioned with a particular Domme before and she knows your interests, you are cheating yourself by requesting a same day session. You're not allowing her time to plan your torment. I would imagine a Domme gets into a certain headspace and needs more than a couple hours to get into that space/plan. Just sounds like a bad idea to me.

Edited by Kneel4Her (12/27/19 07:42 PM)

#8920 - 12/27/19 08:50 PM Re: Planning vs impromptu [Re: Mistress Ayn]
Mistress Tissa Online   content

Sage

Loc: Philadelphia
I agree. Serious pros are serious in their approach. Rushing people in like a drive-through window is going to produce a fast food result, not a Michelin experience.

I think I've done like one same-say for an existing client who gave me enough time to prepare.

Otherwise, I don't do them.

You can't rush art, dahling! wink

#8932 - 12/28/19 03:10 AM Re: Planning vs impromptu [Re: Mistress Ayn]
MayaMidnight Online   content

Artisan

I moved to a very central part of Manhattan and started making myself available last-minute -- with a rush fee. I have not raked in a huge amount from the last-minute guys, but I have successfully gotten them to stop contacting me.

I had a very strict notice requirement for many years and was constantly contacted by guys hoping they'd get lucky and get me to make an exception. I thought they just didn't know how to read. The second I became available for extra money they all learned how. Ideal, honestly. I'd much rather have my regular tribute and time to properly prepare.

#8940 - 12/28/19 09:12 AM Re: Planning vs impromptu [Re: Mistress Ayn]
buffalo Online   content
Enthusiast

Loc: USA
For the most part I agree with you. I definitely see that you stand a much better chance for a good session if the Domme has a chance to plan and prepare herself for it rather then just doing a session on short notice and making it up as she goes along.
On the other hand I think if Domme and sub have an established relationship and the chemistry is good short notice shouldn’t make much difference in the quality of the session. Like with most things I think every situation is different and has its own characteristics.

Years ago I sessioned much more frequently and did quite a few same day sessions although not on one or two hours notice. Now days it seems less of a thing , at least for me. Scheduling for me is very difficult and there are times I get a same day or short notice opportunity to session but my head is not into it. It’s now nerve racking to me to get ready for a session on short notice. I have to think things through and make sure I have the tribute and won’t get caught being somewhere where I shouldn’t be. I like to anticipate the session and at present do not have a solid enough relationship with a Domme where I think a short notice session would work well.

#8941 - 12/28/19 09:30 AM Re: Planning vs impromptu [Re: buffalo]
junglebeast Online   content
Addict

"Impromptu" or same-day sessions were the only thing when I started back in the 1970s, even later, after I took a break for several years and returned in the 1980s, especially when you consider the many dungeons that Manhattan used to have, with several dominas to choose from.

I can see both sides of the discussion, but in my experience impromptu sessions can be edgy and a lot of fun if it is with a Mistress you know pretty well. To do one with a Domina you've never met, or met just once, would be more difficult.

#8943 - 12/28/19 10:44 AM Re: Planning vs impromptu [Re: MayaMidnight]
Mistress Ayn Online   content

Veteran

Loc: Atlanta, GA and Romania
That's hilarious . . . so they CAN read!

Main website: www.mistressayn.com
Content site: www.aynrules.com
Follow Me on Twitter - @MistressAyn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Shout Box

Who's Online
317 registered (nysubjack, Oliver Cromwell, HellionCobRoller, Mistress UV, Soapy, WestAugust, CelesteTaylor, langerr, buffalo, Domina M, TheDriver, Dominions, Old_Timer_FL, denali, Cheyenne, international, Chuck123, AaronGrant, sfotk1, Poester, tosser, spiderone23, furfan, Lady Velvet Steel, Mistress Troy, mike04071, marstoy, broom, Madam Jess, Protons1, The Thomas, SeekingAdventure, AspX, HenryB, Ms_Gia_Peccato, OverHerKnee, betadog, MistressMaraM, Stern Miss Lea, Chi61, palmer, Mistress Tissa, Domthissub, zrfwd, midlet, Eva Lordes, 2Balls1Cock, Mistress Berlin NYC, painslut, gfred1, mbilbo, Curiouser, shlem, badboy, DommeLynx, DominaAdmin, artiemus1, T-bone, zeta, cbtlover, Gil, EvedLeNashim, Violetwand, schrads, Bruce88, MsRoseWoods, Moth to a Flame, EllaStrictland, Lady Paradise, ElenaDeLuca, Browniepoints95, Bruxelles, Boucheron, Lady Bellatrix, Slv4u, domtsub, Robert1218, sheba322000, Swinburne, ztrade, LAN, Awillingstudent, Domina_Felicity_Hart, Jeffmill999, SlaveGunner, Felix, ingridguerci94, bane, ChicagoSlicker, cbot, GulfCoastal, strangefruit, Jogo, Mistress Aurianna, Alexandra Snow, Gaped_Crab, KinkyBoston, Natasha Strange, slvmaximus, bondagelover, llf, servedeaj, need to serve, Chamberpot, Stephen M, jadreg13, Lpbri, Eastbabyhuey, Mistress Ayn, mass, Kallcarrty, jeanmarc, MayaMidnight, mikel, kefxb24, porkster, Bound ashtray Man, Ma$oboy, MsKittyLaReaux, GrimmX, SubbyAnt, KYboy, chuck, zetaomicron, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Komodo, Normaldude, jlars555, isuffr4her, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Scs202323, coockiemonsterworshp, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Miss Grey, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, all2easy, Mistress Ruby Riots, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, pinkcaboose, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, Bill Coda, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666), 33177 Guests and 105 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

Madam Mysteria