Domina Sohpie Agenoux of Los Angels (SF and Paris too). INCREDIBLE
by EvedLeNashim
04/09/24 05:52 PM
Topic Options
#1035 - 02/18/16 12:08 PM Subs with ADD/ADHD
Mistress Ayn Online   content

Veteran

Loc: Atlanta, GA and Romania
I am getting ready to write a blog post about dealing with subs that have ADD/ADHD. If you have this condition I don't need to explain, but they can be a challenge to deal with in session. They have a hard time shutting down and letting go, so they tend to talk a lot, ask bizarre questions, and generally mess with a Dommes headspace. To the uninitiated it can come across as topping from the bottom - but usually it is unintentional.

In the post I will share my own experiences and techniques for dealing with the ADD brain, but I would like to hear your thoughts if you are ADD/ADHD or have dealt with this condition in session.

Main website: www.mistressayn.com
Content site: www.aynrules.com
Follow Me on Twitter - @MistressAyn

#1036 - 02/18/16 02:39 PM Re: Subs with ADD/ADHD [Re: Mistress Ayn]
Moth to a Flame Online   content

I find that being tied up and gagged prevents any bizarre questions or other issues.

#1037 - 02/18/16 02:53 PM Re: Subs with ADD/ADHD [Re: Moth to a Flame]

Veteran

Simple answer for a complex situation. That doesn't always help with their headspace - even though it might help Mine ;-)

#1041 - 02/18/16 05:09 PM Re: Subs with ADD/ADHD [Re: Mistress Ayn]
BunnyNY Offline

Loc: New York
ADD/ADHD is one of those general spectrum disorders where doctors classify people into box A or box B based on some rigorous set of questions and behaviors. But to me, since I have been diagnosed with it, it is really a spectrum of behaviors associated with very high energy and lack of direction/focus usually exacerbated by a poor support structure (like family support or educational support). By the time adulthood is reached, these individuals are very much like you specified above. Some have learned to overcome it themselves or are better able to adapt to the real world, others not so much. But there are techniques I have learned from my mistress on how to deal with it. Meditation (which is a challenge at first) and Yoga are incredibly effective ways of dealing with learning to let go and shut down. It has worked wonders for me. I am being re-trained to deal with misdirected energies and it is definitely a difficult process, but it is working!!

#1042 - 02/18/16 06:42 PM Re: Subs with ADD/ADHD [Re: BunnyNY]
The Thomas Online   content
Addict

I agree about ADD/ADHD becoming one of the overdiagnosed spectrum disorders. I was diagnosed once by a psychologist as has having a "mild" version of it. If true I do not see it impacting my sessions. Indeed I tend to be a relatively quiet sub.

There is a domme I have been doing sessions with the last few years and we have gotten to know each pretty well. She claims that she suffers from ADD/ADHD and that it causes her problems with her vanilla job but not with her domme work.

#1054 - 02/20/16 02:27 AM Re: Subs with ADD/ADHD [Re: Mistress Ayn]
gls Offline
Occasional

i think in many ways i have been the problem poster child of a sub with ADHD /ADD. It has taken me quite a lot of effort and work to better manage my condition in real life. The problem for individuals with ADHD /ADD is that when in session the combination of excitement, nervousness and the more intense mental and physical stimulation can supercharge the cage of squirrels running around in one's head.

Sub's with ADHD shouldn't drink at any time and especially before a session. ADHD can be managed with medication but it can takes years to get the type of drug needed as well as the dosage.

Familiarity with the Domme and the trust that is built up after multiple sessions helps better control the sub's ADHD and makes easier things for everyone.

Things that can help the ADHD sub in both general living and in session - being well rested, eating a no sugar diet, and as mentioned the correct type and level of medication.

Rumour has it, that on occasion, the use of a ball gag has been extremely successful in helping ADHD subs shut down and let go, quelling their desire to need to talk all the time , eliminate bizarre questions, and allow the Mistress to enjoy the session and perhaps even enter Dommespace .

Training with Hypno Tapes has also been quite helpful.

#1080 - 02/22/16 09:24 PM Re: Subs with ADD/ADHD [Re: Mistress Ayn]

Veteran

When I first thought of writing the blog article, I thought it would be relatively straight forward. I had two subs in mind that I had recently dealt with and they are very similar in demeanor. Then all your threads started coming in hit me how diverse the ADD/ADHD problem can be. First, I agree that it is over diagnosed, which might be part of the problem. Some subs are perfectly calm because their medication is doing what it is supposed to do and others are bouncing off the walls - not on medication, on the wrong medication, misdiagnosed, whatever. Some have erectile issues due to the medication.

There is no one size fits all answer but I have found that sensory deprivation, hypnosis, breath exercises and giving the sub something specific to "manage" during a scene helps.

Thank you all for your input.

Shout Box

Who's Online
333 registered (Poester, WestAugust, Queen Naomi, Domina M, Soapy, international, langerr, Cheyenne, Chi61, cbtlover, Scs202323, denali, buffalo, DominaAdmin, The Thomas, Mistress UV, HouseofServitude, nysubjack, broom, Boucheron, Mistress Tissa, furfan, Moth to a Flame, Michelle Lacy, Stephen M, HellionCobRoller, igstone, Mistrix Violeta, palmer, ChicagoSlicker, chuck, Bruce88, tosser, TheDriver, Lady Velvet Steel, Luckyme_xyz, Mistress Troy, ztrade, Awillingstudent, need to serve, midlet, Slv4u, painslut, callybionic, Stern Miss Lea, artiemus1, Mistress Ayn, otkbrat, domtsub, servedeaj, Mistress An Li, weisen, NYC slut, DommeLynx, CelesteTaylor, pinkcaboose, T-bone, Mistress Mickey, Chuck123, Dominions, Eastbabyhuey, Ma$oboy, NYC Mistress Devi, kefxb24, middleboy992, MayaMidnight, Curiouser, EvedLeNashim, porkster, Bruxelles, MsRoseWoods, Mistress Berlin NYC, Bill Coda, Dunkinsimth, Ms_Gia_Peccato, Mistress Ruby Riots, Eva Lordes, spiderone23, marstoy, Old_Timer_FL, ilyaserdyukov, billw, ingridguerci94, Bound ashtray Man, SeekingAdventure, Oliver Cromwell, AaronGrant, sfotk1, mike04071, Madam Jess, Protons1, AspX, HenryB, OverHerKnee, betadog, MistressMaraM, Domthissub, zrfwd, 2Balls1Cock, gfred1, mbilbo, shlem, badboy, zeta, Gil, Violetwand, schrads, EllaStrictland, Lady Paradise, ElenaDeLuca, Browniepoints95, Lady Bellatrix, Robert1218, sheba322000, Swinburne, LAN, Domina_Felicity_Hart, Jeffmill999, SlaveGunner, Felix, bane, cbot, GulfCoastal, strangefruit, Jogo, Mistress Aurianna, Alexandra Snow, Gaped_Crab, KinkyBoston, Natasha Strange, slvmaximus, bondagelover, llf, Chamberpot, jadreg13, Lpbri, mass, Kallcarrty, jeanmarc, mikel, MsKittyLaReaux, GrimmX, SubbyAnt, KYboy, zetaomicron, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Komodo, Normaldude, jlars555, isuffr4her, Mistress Kiva Krimson, coockiemonsterworshp, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Miss Grey, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, all2easy, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666), 34359 Guests and 105 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Sponsor a Domina