09/08/24 10:50 AM
Review of session with Mistress Georgia Payne: "How far will you go?"
by gilcarnovsky
09/02/24 01:44 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#20990 - 05/27/24 02:19 PM “Sub-Drop”
LAN Online   content

I have a history of feeling “Sub-Drop” (Depression after a session) Sometime I could have it during the session, immediately after the session or the next day. It can be mild to severe. I wasn’t sure why this was happening. After researching this, I discovered this is a common reaction and there was actually a word (Sub-Drop) to describe this phenomenon. The only times I wouldn’t get Sub-Drop was when I was taking Prozac.

Anyone else experience Sub-Drop after a Session? I understand Dominants can also get Sub-Drop.

Edited by LAN (05/27/24 02:23 PM)

#20991 - 05/27/24 02:27 PM Re: “SUB-DROP” [Re: LAN]
DommeLynx Online   content

Regular

Loc: Jersey City, NJ
I used to experience "top drop" occasionally my first ~3 years of Domming. I rarely get it now. I actually tend to get a Top High more, where I'll just have tons of energy after a scene. I've lowered topdrop by figuring out a bunch of protocols and precare that work well for me.

I would recommend letting your Domme know beforehand you tend to get subdrop after a scene. When I have certain clients I know are prone to subdrop, I put more focus to after and precare than usual.

www.GoddessLynx.com
www.Loyalfans.com/dommelynx
www.Twitter.com/DommeLynx

#20992 - 05/27/24 03:49 PM Re: “Sub-Drop” [Re: LAN]
Cheyenne Online   content

Pooh-Bah

It is normal that after such an adrenaline rush you experience a low. As Mistress Lynx points out, dommes get it too. I'm not a doctor but, I'd stay away from treating something that is normal and due to circumstances with a drug, prone to side affects, that is meant for people with chemical imbalances. Perhaps, just plan on a day eating yummy snacks, putting your feet up and watching favorite movies?

#20993 - 05/28/24 02:45 AM Re: “Sub-Drop” [Re: LAN]
Domina M Online   content

Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
You are definitely not alone. Sessions, by definition, are hyper-stimulating, and it is important to give yourself time to return your senses to normal. Finding your brand of aftercare helps.

A while ago I had a nice discussion on X about it. (I know! Sometimes there are good conversations.)

#20995 - 05/28/24 09:33 PM Re: “Sub-Drop” [Re: LAN]
Awillingstudent Online   content
Artisan

I think even ten minutes after the session, to have a bottle of water and conversation with your provider (intentionally using a non-scene title) can go a long way to averting any sort of crash. It does take two to tango, so don’t assume she’ll automatically allow for this, but IMHO, she’s the professional and should recognize if we’re still in Subspace.

#21292 - 07/20/24 11:41 AM Re: “Sub-Drop” [Re: LAN]
gilcarnovsky Online   content
Occasional

Ive had this experience, sometimes rather pronouncedly where the feeling of exhaustion and depression lasted for days. I found for myself that longer sessions made sub-drop more likely, and I also found that a lot had to do with my expectations and state of mind beforehand. I try now to schedule sessions that are no more than 2 hours, to cultivate a state of calm beforehand and to try to clear my mind as much as possible. I also find that the rapport with the Domme matters a great deal; the more rapport and connection and mutual comprehension, the more elated rather than deflated I feel afterwards.

I also plan a degree of self-care after a session, such as a meal out, and a good nights sleep.

#21305 - 07/21/24 11:32 AM Re: “Sub-Drop” [Re: gilcarnovsky]
junglebeast Online   sad
Addict

Yesterday I had a session with my Mistress so this is fresh in my mind. Over the years I've had sub-drop as described here, but sometimes if I knew the Mistress well, I would be in such deep subspace at the end I would get emotional and tear up.

I only session with one Mistress now and know her for a long time. I didn't see or hear from her for a couple of weeks, she had a couple of health issues. She needed to move some stuff from her storage space to her home and to go shopping. When I picked her up she told me about was going on, so I thought I was just running errands and no session would happen.

When we got back to her place I put everything away, as instructed and waited a few seconds to be dismissed. Instead she ordered me to take off my shoes, slapped my face and said something like, "I know you need it," and the session began in her unlit living room. Little or no equipment was used. The session turned out to be intensely personal, not roleplay but almost lifestyle, at the end her telling me she should do a couple of kinks next time that are beyond my comfort zone, wanting me to think about it. I left almost high from the experience.

This morning I texted her, saying yes, I'll do it. I'm still a bit euphoric. I never do this but I asked to see her again today, even if I have to drive her somewhere. I'm waiting on the off chance she might agree and text me. If she doesn't by evening I may crash if I don't distract myself.

Edited by junglebeast (07/22/24 09:04 AM)
Edit Reason: Took out a word.

#21306 - 07/21/24 02:18 PM Re: “Sub-Drop” [Re: junglebeast]
buffalo Online   content
Enthusiast

Loc: USA
Lol this is great A cliffhanger

#21307 - 07/21/24 06:24 PM Re: “Sub-Drop” [Re: buffalo]
junglebeast Online   sad
Addict

Buffalo, as it turned out, in the words of former NY Mets manager Wes Westrum at the end of a close game, "Well, that was a real cliff-dweller." Yeah... thought I had an outside chance of seeing Mistress but she must've had other, better plans. I seem to be okay. So far... LOL!

#21309 - 07/22/24 04:45 AM Re: “Sub-Drop” [Re: LAN]
furfan Online   content
Enthusiast

I often feel a mild sense of let down following a session but I'm not sure you can call it sub-drop.

For me it's more like the feeling you get following a big celebration or event you're been anticipating for a long time. Kind of like after the holidays when you are facing January or when you arrive home after a major vacation trip and go back to work.

I usually shake it off after a day or so and settle back into everyday life.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Shout Box

Who's Online
203 registered (Chi61, T-bone, Domina M, The Thomas, Mistress Berlin NYC, porkster, buffalo, Soapy, tosser, painslut, denali, MayaMidnight, langerr, Gagged2, Kevin, Bruce88, WestAugust, nysubjack, Mistress Lisa, Mistress Mickey, marstoy, KYboy, Marcus, gilcarnovsky, Chuck123, broom, DominaAdmin, Oliver Cromwell, Ms_Gia_Peccato, Boucheron, isuffr4her, TheDriver, Komodo, teliot, midlet, Smiley, Awillingstudent, EvedLeNashim, Want2Submit, Fartypants, Queen Naomi, MsRoseWoods, Condor, Mistress Tissa, schrads, ilyaserdyukov, Curiouser, Gs8483, Itsme, Domina Perpetua, shanghaimistress, DougCooper, Browniepoints95, Eastbabyhuey, milagros317, Mistress Troy, Poester, Dannysub, DommeLynx, sb35801, ElenaDeLuca, sellinggr, Loucypher17, mass, Dr. Snow, jlars555, Ramukc, need to serve, TempestLuxx, Stern Miss Lea, CelesteTaylor, Stephen M, Arnth, Lady Bellatrix, Cutter14, njfootcuck, Madam Jess, Cheyenne, JM2020, Crytears, artiemus1, mballings, GoddessCapri, Aztoilet, Mistress UV, slavebvd, mercury88, Ms Regan Black, junglebeast, Toiletmouth4u, KinkyBoston, Bert65, MistressIsadora, bootboy, Mistress Ruby Riots, palmer, Slv4u, acquiesced, Paul Thompson, So long, sfotk1, Lady Velvet Steel, kefxb24, Chamberpot, bdsmlover, Stone23, kneelingwilliam, guillermopelotas, SeekingAdventure, justaclient, 2Balls1Cock, forHer, Sohodude, Violetwand, Mistress Aurianna, xxcamslavexx, billclay1960, Jiminhales, mtsub69, TadShy, dikembe50, slave47, Schrouppy, sheba322000, Jm1010, Mick681, furfan, Kinleung, Photographs by Varga, Thomas, Moth to a Flame, Sublime2199, Old_Timer_FL, MistressMaraM, johnny joestar, Ragman, logmuncher, smithworth, Bound ashtray Man, txlonghorn1223, ztrade, Stevesvriny dick, lxfwxstj, softy13, RomeoVoid, SDEG2000, Steel, Sissybuttslave, evalstoevres, billw, Smokey1, Subsouth304, MistressAlicenyc, marksok, dlb63941, Nirolog, flobie, Paraphilo, mbilbo, truesubtipp, NaughtyNickB, Doc Domina, slvmaximus, Ayou8870, tylerr, Gil, cruciverb, Jimmysam, domtsub, gfred1, Mistress Trinity, bane, SlaveGunner, Madonna, Skweezme, 117, Stylesub75, llf, frank, Sborn, Rustaniels, Mistress Kiva Krimson, HouseofServitude, AaronGrant, worm, Olivia Amore, international, lecate22, esclava, BigChasteT, Mistress Ayn, EllaStrictland, Phljam, LAN, taztom, Dr. Pleasure, PASubMale, Lexman88, Mhuston4, chastitysub1970, Atlanta_r, Lucinda Archer, Trojan4life), 17251 Guests and 100 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30

Mistress Isadora