Strict Lady Cloe - New York
by weisen
05/05/24 03:36 PM
Topic Options
#20905 - 05/20/24 04:14 AM The 8 Show
Domina M Online   content

Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
It's a new Korean series on Netflix that I was going to put on in the background while I did my admin. Nope. I was engrossed immediately. It is a brilliant and horrifying social commentary worth watching on its own, but we're here, and I want to talk about the BDSM elements. Some of these are pretty overt, but the 8 Floor character, dammmnnnn. It was like seeing my domme self on screen for eight episodes.

I had to take a step back and self-evaluate because she is objectively a sociopath. No, I think I am okay, as consent is very, very important to me. Instead, I will thank those who see me and allow these moments for me. Perhaps I won't be the only one keen on this antagonist.

They had an episode with some decent gear as well. Who has seen it?

#20906 - 05/20/24 06:55 AM Re: The 8 Show [Re: Domina M]
Cheyenne Online   content

Pooh-Bah

I checked out the trailer. It looks like some very dark humor. I have a Netflix account. When I have some free time, I check out a full episode. What is the character's name? I'm pretty sure I picked her out in the trailer but not certain.

#20907 - 05/20/24 07:48 AM Re: The 8 Show [Re: Cheyenne]

Enthusiast

The characters are called the floor they get in the game. She's on the top, thus called 8th Floor.

She is more of a "bratty princess" than I am, but "My rules, my protocol, and I'm going to be fabulous." Yep, that's M in "Domme-Headspace." Not to mention the utter glee and joy from being sadistic. BDSM is never mentioned, but she is obviously meant to be a domina archetype.

The social-economic message is pretty blatant, but the twists and turns to being more and more graphic kept me watching.

#20908 - 05/20/24 03:38 PM Re: The 8 Show [Re: Domina M]
MistressMaraM Online   content

Loc: Chicago, Worldwide
This sounds rather intriguing. Thank you for sharing this.

MM

#20922 - 05/22/24 12:33 PM Re: The 8 Show [Re: Domina M]
buffalo Online   content
Enthusiast

Loc: USA
Thanks. I read about this show and am going to watch it.

#20931 - 05/23/24 04:51 PM Re: The 8 Show [Re: Domina M]
milagros317 Online   content

Loc: New York City
This sounds quite interesting. Thanks for the tip.

#20934 - 05/23/24 10:47 PM Re: The 8 Show [Re: Domina M]
Queen Naomi Online   content

Loc: NYC,FMTY,International
Thanks for the recommendation, sounds good.

#20971 - 05/26/24 04:40 PM Re: The 8 Show [Re: Domina M]
broom Online   content
Artisan

how would you have looked at 8 if the role had been cast as a man? thank you for recommending this series! i spent the first couple of episode debating whether it was brilliant or pseudo intellectual drivel. by the fourth episode i was so entertained that i didn't care.

i would really like to talk about this, but i don't want to post spoilers. i haven't really seen any spoiler threads on this forum, is there an etiquette for spoilers here? would a new thread with **SPOILERS** in the title be enough? this entire series may be too political to talk about here. nothing to do with traditional american parties, but it is fundamentally about how humans organize themselves into functioning societies.

thank you again for recommending this.

#20978 - 05/27/24 01:46 AM Re: The 8 Show [Re: broom]

Enthusiast

I think 8th Floor would be much less interesting as a man, but gender roles and privilege are baked in with her relationship with 6th Floor.

She kind of reminds me of me in 2000 when I had full-on top's disease and thought I ruled the world. Thank god I had elder dommes, such as Simone Justice, Ilsa Strix, and Sabrina Belladonna, to put my feet back on the ground. I was exhausting.

I agree that the show is quite preachy, but the escalation of events makes it worthwhile. I could nitpick some inconsistencies, but I was so engrossed by the end I didn't care.

#21001 - Today at 05:11 PM Re: The 8 Show [Re: Domina M]
broom Online   content
Artisan

i think that 8th floor would be caligula if they had cast a man. i don't know if 8th floor really cared about control as much as creating a spectacle. caligula's motivation was to grant his people true freedom. he didn't think he could do this for anyone, it was something that people had to seize for themselves. he believed people didn't do this because they were too comfortable. by making them miserable, he was giving them their freedom. it was the only way (in his mind) to give them freedom. 8 by contrast, whether she had power or control, was intent on some sort of deconstructionist statement. she was willing to do anything to create this spectacle, including terrorizing and enslaving her castmates. 8, 6, and 1 were completely committed to continuing the spectacle at any cost.

Shout Box

Who's Online
374 registered (Chi61, Soapy, buffalo, lxfwxstj, broom, mike04071, Queen Naomi, marstoy, Lady Paradise, MsRoseWoods, need to serve, Violetwand, denali, langerr, palmer, porkster, Chuck123, mbilbo, Domina M, CelesteTaylor, kinkybootbeast, furfan, midlet, The Thomas, nysubjack, WestAugust, Bruce88, Mistress Berlin NYC, shlem, isuffr4her, DominaAdmin, TheDriver, Next, teliot, bhillman00, Cheyenne, Ms_Gia_Peccato, Marcus, Mick681, Mistress UV, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Domina_Felicity_Hart, GoddessCapri, MayaMidnight, wolf, Stern Miss Lea, Uscf, 2Balls1Cock, DommeLynx, ztrade, Lady Velvet Steel, shanghaimistress, Boucheron, Awillingstudent, Smiley, ElenaDeLuca, billw, Mistress Troy, Chamberpot, Cowtownman, Itsme, Harish Kumar 12, guillermopelotas, sfotk1, LAN, defileme99, Crytears, mtsub69, xen2002, HellionCobRoller, ScoobyBelfast, Moth to a Flame, FineDiner, AtlantaDungeon, AaronGrant, Sissylily, dikembe50, Curiouser, MistressMaraM, Bokslav, Domina Perpetua, Oliver Cromwell, Scs202323, domtsub, pinkcaboose, tosser, Subaddict, milagros317, Vlu, kefxb24, Humbaramba, forHer, dambiber, Old_Timer_FL, cbot, MsKittyLaReaux, schrads, llf, Mistress Tissa, truesubtipp, Madam Jess, Scrumptious, Frankfrank, Dwyer, NycMistressDevi, T-bone, Mistress Mickey, randyrando, buddyguyfriend, Bound ashtray Man, Domthissub, sheba322000, Slv4u, advnmale2, inkblotters, ollikeem, So long, Joseph Bloggarti, EmpressFrida, Mistress Trinity, TroyOrleans, michamalvada, RdSx, bdsmlover, DougCooper, cbtlover, Uk234, Gagged2, Atlanta_r, Lady Bellatrix, igstone, ingridguerci94, Poester, GoddessAvecti, AngoraNYC, frank, HouseofServitude, 2city, international, painslut, Browniepoints95, ChicagoSlicker, Dannysub, Neena De Ville, Komodo, Bentographer, Michelle Lacy, Stephen M, Mistrix Violeta, chuck, Luckyme_xyz, callybionic, artiemus1, Mistress Ayn, otkbrat, servedeaj, Mistress An Li, weisen, NYC slut, Dominions, Eastbabyhuey, Ma$oboy, NYC Mistress Devi, middleboy992, EvedLeNashim, Bruxelles, Bill Coda, Dunkinsimth, Mistress Ruby Riots, Eva Lordes, spiderone23, ilyaserdyukov, SeekingAdventure, Protons1, AspX, HenryB, OverHerKnee, betadog, zrfwd, gfred1, badboy, zeta, Gil, EllaStrictland, Robert1218, Swinburne, Jeffmill999, SlaveGunner, Felix, bane, GulfCoastal, strangefruit, Jogo, Mistress Aurianna, Alexandra Snow, Gaped_Crab, KinkyBoston, Natasha Strange, slvmaximus, bondagelover, jadreg13, Lpbri, mass, Kallcarrty, jeanmarc, mikel, GrimmX, SubbyAnt, KYboy, zetaomicron, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Normaldude, jlars555, coockiemonsterworshp, Framed, Jean A, Nirolog, Stretch, Miss Grey, DominaM, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, all2easy, Jaco, Liquid6, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dsorbet, coderanger, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, Ms Regan Black, Scott, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Xpirmentwme69, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, chase, tgy, RobSub, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, Bladezeus, angel666), 40992 Guests and 109 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Sponsor a Domina