Originally Posted By Komodo
There was a time there was a stronger correlation between price and value.

Like I said, I think the internet has changed many aspects of culture, including the way people get their kinky needs met. When it's easier to buy an outfit and flogger, take photos of yourself with your cell phone, open a free FetLife account, copy what others are saying and doing, and call yourself a "pro Domme", it means that there will be more confusion about what one actually is.

Based on the feedback I've received from clients over the years, one thing I've heard from multiple people is about their experiences in quality. Some people have told me that they thought they were having good experiences but learned they weren't very good at all. They started with one of those people on FetLife and believed that was what a pro Domme was like.

So, I think this correlation between price and value has been distorted because of the way people are being introduced to "professional" kink. They see the proliferation of "pro" "Dommes" online and, without knowing how to "shop", they think that's a normal representation.

Edited by Mistress Tissa (04/14/24 09:11 PM)