Originally Posted By Chi61
I’ve been sessioning a lot lately and was just thinking about what I would call “best practices “ ...

Curious if others have any tips/tricks. Dommes or subs.

Those are all good ideas. I very much appreciate when a sub has spent some time reading things I've wrote -- especially as how it pertains to my approach or style. And then they can say, "I really like that you are X and do Y. That's what I'm looking for."

Aside from that, I've whittled my practice to get what I want out of my potential subs...but there's one area I can only do so much about: people communicating their interests and limits.

Some people seem to have a tough time describing what they want in the 3 hour session they're asking me for.

So, my "best practices" is to think about what you'd like the session to be like and communicate that to your Domme. This does not mean telling her how to run the session, just telling her what things you'd like to be included. Unless you want her to make all those decisions. But that is actually very rare. The guys who say they want that are actually assuming or hoping I do something. This has resulted in the occasional "I was hoping you'd do X, Mistress". But, wait? I thought you wanted me to choose everything?

So, in short: Be sure you're honest with yourself and your Mistress about what you're looking for. Then tell her. (Omitting her limits, of course.)

Edited by Mistress Tissa (01/27/24 04:05 AM)