In my experience in BDSM scenes, both pro and lifestyle, there is at least as great a benefit as there is negativity over things like guilt or shame. I always ask for a report 2-3 days after a session to see how the sub processed it. I want to know about marks, potential sub drop, how well their limits were tested, etc. Most subs comply. I am often amazed by some of the positive benefits that subs attribute to the session. Usually they are work related - more focused, more motivated, more relaxed, etc. Some have been extraordinary.

I have at least 3 regulars that set an "intent" prior to sessioning. They focus on something they want to achieve or work through. I am a believer that the non-conscious mind can get a lot of work done while I am occupy the thoughts of the conscious mind. I have helped subs work through claustrophobia and abuse issues. However, it's important for us practitioners to remember that most of us are not trained therapists and tinkering with the mind is a real responsibility that can backfire. Aftercare is of extreme importance in scenes of this nature.

I have read plenty of reviews where subs talk about the healing or positive benefits of sessioning. The posts about sessions being negative tend to be of a singular nature and I think they just stand out more. My guess is the positive results outweigh the negative many fold - if it is approached correctly.

Main website: www.mistressayn.com
Content site: www.aynrules.com
Follow Me on Twitter - @MistressAyn