Session length?

Posted by: furfan

Session length? - 12/23/21 03:02 AM

I'm curious as to what people think of as a "normal" session duration. I never book less than 2 hours and I have gone as long as 5-6 hours. My most usual booking seems to be around 2.5-3 lately. I find any less feels rushed and doesn't allow time for some pre-play conversation and a decent transition between arrival and play starting. I also a big fan of strict, complex bondage and rigging 2-3 separate positions can eat up time.

What's your normal go to booking time?

Dommes, what do you see most often? Is it the standard 1 hour? What duration do you prefer?
Posted by: Spark

Re: Session length? - 12/23/21 09:50 AM

2-4 was my go to. 3 hours seemed to be the sweet spot for me. My sessions weren't really elaborate. But i liked to pace myself take breaks, not feel rushed, chat etc. a while back i also starting including social time in my session requests, normally dinner and that would stretch it out to about 6. I got the impression that wasn't a common request but it turned it into a nice date for the evening and a lot of fun.
Posted by: The Thomas

Re: Session length? - 12/23/21 08:43 PM

I am primarily a masochist though there is some limited degree of submission. The law of diminishing returns is applicable.

I am sometimes in a pure spanko frame of mind. When that happens one hour is clearly the way to go.

When my session interests are broader 90 minutes is a good session length though when it includes a punishment enema two hours is justified.
Posted by: DommeLynx

Re: Session length? - 12/24/21 03:03 PM

It honestly depends on the scene, the chemistry, and the mutual interests we have. I have great 1 hour sessions, I have great 6 hour sessions. Usually I find 90 minutes is a good place for a lot of new people.
Posted by: junglebeast

Re: Session length? - 12/24/21 03:40 PM

My imagination has got me in "a lotta good trouble" in this scene over the years, but in plenty of ways I'm pretty literal and (God help me) practical. If a Mistress advertises $XXX an hour, well then an hour it is. LOL!

As I always have said, I've been mostly lucky in this scene. I served more than a few Mistresses, including my current / longtime Mistress, who were not clock-watchers. Notably that happened more than a few times on a first meeting. Maybe it was because of my over-the-top "jungle" roleplay or than most of my sessions have not been at dungeons (hotels or their apartments/homes). And a handful of times, when I was in my 20s or 30s, I was a house slave. Maybe, like the old saying, "luck is the residue of design"? Whatever it is, I'm thankful.
Posted by: Cheyenne

Re: Session length? - 12/28/21 04:53 AM

1 hour was the standard session length for the first part of my career. Midway through, for whatever reason, 2 to 4 hours replaced that. In the years before I retired, it was almost entirely 8 hour and overnights. FemDom session business has always been a wild ride. The only thing I could predict is that it would be consistent....I just never knew in what form.

Re: Session length? - 12/28/21 05:34 AM

Originally Posted By Cheyenne
1 hour was the standard session length for the first part of my career. Midway through, for whatever reason, 2 to 4 hours replaced that. In the years before I retired, it was almost entirely 8 hour and overnights. FemDom session business has always been a wild ride. The only thing I could predict is that it would be consistent....I just never knew in what form.

Would it be fair to say a Domme's level of experience and how well known she is influences the length of time her subs book? Speaking for myself I am far more likely to book extended sessions with well extablished Dommes operating from first class studios and having tons of gear etc.

I would expect from a Domme's perspective it is easier and less hassle to do one 8 hour session than even 5-6 one hour sessions even if the revenue is about the same. (only one set of prep/cleanuo, far fewer emails so less time in that you are only having to communicate with one sub rather than six, Domme able to take some down time during the 8 hour session while the sub is in sensory dep or caged vs having to go flat out with constant interaction for each of the 1 hour sessions etc)

Would you agree?
Posted by: Cheyenne

Re: Session length? - 12/29/21 04:20 AM

Experience and the exposure of all of the magazine features probably encouraged extended sessions back then. But, the shift in demographics from Ohio to Rhode Island was a factor. It was a completely different situation. In Columbus, Ohio, same day sessions were very important. My clients were attorneys and business men getting out of meetings early, with the occasional 4 hour sessions traveling from out of state. In Rhode Island, same day sessions were early non existent. A handful of my regular clients traveled from Ohio traveled in for 8 hour to 2 day sessions. But, most of it was clients who had an hour or two travel time. I guess that made it necessary to plan ahead. So....combination of both. As to what I preferred in the length of session, it really depended on who I was playing with. I loved the impromptu theater of same day clients in Ohio. I was jumping from a client who wanted to be a ballerina to some that wanted a paddling school teacher to a classical corporal punishment scenario. The next day maybe vampire role play at It was such a blast. The 8 hour plus sessions were awesome as well. It was just a different mindset. Some times a two day sessions would take me 4 days to get my head on straight, after having been so emerged in a deep emotional place. To someone who has done a lot of extended sessions, that will make sense. But, it was all fun.

Re: Session length? - 12/29/21 05:27 AM

Interesting perspective....thanks for sharing.
Posted by: TedBCruisin

Re: Session length? - 12/29/21 12:21 PM

When I've been lucky enough to get in for a last minute session it is usually lighter, leaving me wanting to come back for more. A planned 2 hour is more a like a well planned date. I'm grateful for the short notice but enjoy the session that is set up in advance more.