by Cheyenne
04/25/24 06:39 AM
Session Rates going down
by Mistress Tissa
04/23/24 08:46 PM
X POST?
by Soapy
04/23/24 09:34 AM
Dungeon Rentals in Greater Los Angeles or Orange County CA?
by Domina_Felicity_Hart
04/22/24 06:56 PM
New Reviews
Not Quite Reviews but...A List Amazing Mistresses I've Served over the Yrs
by Mistress Tissa
04/14/24 10:22 PM
Domina Sophie Agenoux of LA and San Francisco
by Domina M
04/14/24 04:23 AM
Mistresses Ultra Violet & Carissa Montgomery
by KYboy
04/10/24 04:57 AM
Domina Sohpie Agenoux of Los Angels (SF and Paris too). INCREDIBLE
by EvedLeNashim
04/09/24 05:52 PM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#8352 - 11/20/19 11:12 PM Re: How do you all deal with the garbage that is ProtonMail? [Re: DommeLynx]
Mistress Ayn Online   content

Veteran

Loc: Atlanta, GA and Romania
Hello Domme Lynx

I have never used Protonmail but I feel your pain in dealing with unreliable email. I started having issues with the major ones (Gmail and Yahoo and Outlook - yes I have had them all over the years) so I searched for a private provider and was willing to pay for it. Email is important and worth a few bucks a month to make sure it works. I've been using a company called Luxsci for about 3 years - well before the FOSTA/SESTA mess.

https://luxsci.com/

It took a little getting used to and it's not perfect but it is reliable and they have amazing customer support - most issues are dealt with within minutes.

Anyway, hope this helps.

Main website: www.mistressayn.com
Content site: www.aynrules.com
Follow Me on Twitter - @MistressAyn

#8354 - 11/21/19 02:34 AM Re: How do you all deal with the garbage that is ProtonMail? [Re: DommeLynx]
Mistress Tissa Online   content

Sage

Loc: Philadelphia
Originally Posted By DommeLynx
I know it's "more secure", but boy does it need works. What do you ladies use? Is anyone else having these issues?

If you don't like the interface, just use your own email client.

Proton supports POP/IMAP. If you don't know what that is, it basically is a protocol that allows a mail server to talk to your computer. This allows you to use whatever email client you wish, such as Outlook or Thunderbird. As long as you can configure it to talk to Proton's servers, and you download their "interpreter" Bridge (necessary because of the encryption), it will download all your mail to your computer and then you can configure it to your heart's content. This includes custom domains. smile

I strongly prefer encryption because, unlike Google, Yahoo, and the like, they can't read your emails. This is a risk for you and your clients.

I have been using Proton for my business email for a few years now and the only "complaint" I have is that the Bridge can be a little slow -- especially with attachments. But this is to be expected because it's encrypting/decrypting a lot of data. I find it acceptable because, again, the trade-off is very much worth it for me.

#8355 - 11/21/19 02:40 AM Re: How do you all deal with the garbage that is ProtonMail? [Re: Poester]
Mistress Tissa Online   content

Sage

Loc: Philadelphia
Originally Posted By Poester
One of the main selling points of this client was that is was NOT hosted in the United States, and subject to only Swiss (and EU) law. The only problem is that Switzerland has recently folded like cheap suit as regards to maintaining the privacy, in the face of American Bullying

This is a totally valid concern. However, Proton uses end-to-end encryption. This means that unless you have the "key" to decrypt the message, it can't be read. (Proton says they do not have access to it.) So anyone intercepting any messages will just see gobbledygook.

So, even if the US govt went to Proton and demanded aLL tEh wHoREz eMaiLZ, Proton would probably shrug their shoulders and go "here you go" and it would look like something from the Matrix.

Edited by Mistress Tissa (11/21/19 02:45 AM)

#8358 - 11/21/19 02:58 AM Re: How do you all deal with the garbage that is ProtonMail? [Re: Mistress Tissa]
Princess Poison Offline

Loc: Austin TX
I really hate the way Protonmail is laid out, and to be honest I equally hate the way clients like Thunderbird and Outlook are laid out as well.

I still use Protonmail because I think privacy is above all else, I just complain about it a lot.

#8362 - 11/21/19 07:25 AM Re: How do you all deal with the garbage that is ProtonMail? [Re: Mistress Tissa]
OwwItHz Offline
Regular

Loc: DC Metro
Originally Posted By Mistress Tissa

If you don't like the interface, just use your own email client.

Proton supports POP/IMAP. If you don't know what that is, it basically is a protocol that allows a mail server to talk to your computer. This allows you to use whatever email client you wish, such as Outlook or Thunderbird.

Aha! Thanks for reminding me of why I didn't dive deep into ProtonMail. The first thing I tried when I signed up for it was configuring Thunderbird to talk to the Proton server and discovered that I needed that bridge program, and it only worked for the paid version of the service. Maybe they opened that up to the freeloaders now - I haven't checked.

I decided that since I didn't see using ProtonMail for my routine communication and daily spam, I'd put up with the web-based version. But thanks for the reminder. I just opened up the Proton app on my phone and was greeted with the too-often-occurring-with-everything "Your version no longer works and you need to update." Damn, that's annoying. Can't they leave these things alone? wink

#8363 - 11/21/19 07:28 AM Re: How do you all deal with the garbage that is ProtonMail? [Re: Princess Poison]
OwwItHz Offline
Regular

Loc: DC Metro
Originally Posted By Princess Poison
I really hate the way Protonmail is laid out, and to be honest I equally hate the way clients like Thunderbird and Outlook are laid out as well.

Do you use a mail client? I look around for a replacement for Thunderbird every few months and whatever I find wants to take over my whole life. I just want to read and write e-mail, thank you!

#8375 - 11/21/19 05:38 PM Re: How do you all deal with the garbage that is ProtonMail? [Re: OwwItHz]
Princess Poison Offline

Loc: Austin TX
I don't use a mail client because I have hated every one I've tried. I'll just stick with the simplicity of logging into Protonmail in My browser if I'm going to hate it regardless, hah.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Shout Box

Who's Online
313 registered (Chi61, midlet, Cheyenne, buffalo, Domina M, langerr, Mistress Tissa, nysubjack, Poester, Eva Lordes, Ms_Gia_Peccato, Soapy, Stern Miss Lea, 2Balls1Cock, Old_Timer_FL, WestAugust, Mistress Berlin NYC, TheDriver, CelesteTaylor, international, The Thomas, marstoy, painslut, HenryB, gfred1, palmer, broom, mbilbo, HellionCobRoller, Curiouser, shlem, badboy, DommeLynx, DominaAdmin, Chuck123, artiemus1, T-bone, zeta, tosser, cbtlover, Dominions, Gil, EvedLeNashim, Violetwand, denali, schrads, Bruce88, MsRoseWoods, furfan, Mistress UV, Moth to a Flame, EllaStrictland, Lady Paradise, ElenaDeLuca, Browniepoints95, Bruxelles, Boucheron, Lady Bellatrix, Slv4u, Lady Velvet Steel, SeekingAdventure, domtsub, Robert1218, sheba322000, Swinburne, ztrade, LAN, Awillingstudent, Domina_Felicity_Hart, Jeffmill999, Protons1, SlaveGunner, Felix, ingridguerci94, bane, ChicagoSlicker, cbot, GulfCoastal, strangefruit, Jogo, Mistress Aurianna, Alexandra Snow, Gaped_Crab, KinkyBoston, Natasha Strange, slvmaximus, bondagelover, llf, sfotk1, servedeaj, need to serve, Chamberpot, Stephen M, jadreg13, Lpbri, Eastbabyhuey, Mistress Ayn, mass, Kallcarrty, jeanmarc, MayaMidnight, mikel, kefxb24, porkster, Bound ashtray Man, Ma$oboy, Madam Jess, MsKittyLaReaux, GrimmX, SubbyAnt, KYboy, chuck, zetaomicron, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Komodo, mike04071, Normaldude, jlars555, isuffr4her, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Mistress Troy, Scs202323, Oliver Cromwell, coockiemonsterworshp, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Miss Grey, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, all2easy, Mistress Ruby Riots, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, pinkcaboose, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, MistressMaraM, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, zrfwd, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, Bill Coda, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, AaronGrant, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666, AspX), 32943 Guests and 103 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

Mistress Natasha Müller