by Soapy
04/26/24 04:50 AM
Where the hell am I?
by Cheyenne
04/25/24 06:39 AM
X POST?
by Soapy
04/23/24 09:34 AM
Dungeon Rentals in Greater Los Angeles or Orange County CA?
by Domina_Felicity_Hart
04/22/24 06:56 PM
New Reviews
Not Quite Reviews but...A List Amazing Mistresses I've Served over the Yrs
by Mistress Tissa
04/14/24 10:22 PM
Domina Sophie Agenoux of LA and San Francisco
by Domina M
04/14/24 04:23 AM
Mistresses Ultra Violet & Carissa Montgomery
by KYboy
04/10/24 04:57 AM
Domina Sohpie Agenoux of Los Angels (SF and Paris too). INCREDIBLE
by EvedLeNashim
04/09/24 05:52 PM
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#10840 - 05/19/20 12:15 AM Re: Misogyny in a FemDom forum [Re: Cheyenne]
Mistress Tissa Online   content

Sage

Loc: Philadelphia
Originally Posted By Cheyenne
Tissa, you seem like a really cool lady. I'd love to meet you some time, be it for filming or just to hang out. I hope you are not offended by this but I have to disagree that the post was misogamist. Maybe it was and could be taken either way but I just don't think it is a big deal. Talking on line doesn't compare to talking in person. It can be too easy for someone to come across the wrong way.

Thanks for the kind words, Cheyenne. Yes, I still would like to meet and shoot with you.

Here's why is it misogynist:

Saying that you cannot trust a man whose wife does not take his last name is because the assumption is that that man can't keep his wife under his thumb. The whole tradition of a woman changing her name is a form of symbolic assimilation, ownership. It is fundamentally about turning her into a possession, which is dehumanizing and that is all part of the misogynistic mindset.

Now, we may argue this is one little comment. And perhaps turdbur-I mean Donal--I mean Rudolf should be given a cursory warning, but if we want to keep this a FemDom board, we cannot allow the women to be insulted -- whether directly or indirectly -- by the men who choose to participate.

I love having conversations about kink with my community -- especially ones with depth -- and so I very much appreciate boards like this. But I have far too much self respect to hang out in a place which tolerates blatant hateful opinions of women. I would hope any FemDom would agree with me.

#10841 - 05/19/20 12:19 AM Re: Neglient Moderation: Welcome To Maxfisch.com Part II [Re: buffalo]

Sage

Originally Posted By buffalo
Everyone has their own opinion. Mine is this is a forum and it shouldn’t be over policed. I don’t think he’s crossed the line to be banned. You do and that’s fine. Everyone has their own opinion of what that line is.

Hateful attitudes are not mere "opinion". Saying you prefer to be spanked on a lap versus a bench is opinion.

Hateful attitudes toward women -- in a forum driven by the presence and practice of women -- makes zero sense.

#10842 - 05/19/20 12:24 AM Re: RudolfWhitmer is still here to troll [Re: Soapy]
Cheyenne Online   content

Pooh-Bah

I have to disagree. There is a difference between being the class clown and someone who truly harasses people. Censorship should be used sparingly. I asked him to reign in the volume of threads he was posting and he did. The death of a discussion forum is over censorship.

#10843 - 05/19/20 12:29 AM Re: Neglient Moderation: Welcome To Maxfisch.com Part II [Re: The Thomas]

Sage

Originally Posted By The Thomas
I am in favor of moderation but opposed to OVERmoderation which is definitely a problem on some other Bulletin Boards. There are multiple problems with that. One is Mods with a very exaggerated sense of self importance. Then there ware what I call the "self appoint hall monitor" types who take offense at the drop of a hat and whine to the moderators left and right. Creeping political censorship is sometimes a problem as well.

My wanting to not be subjected to shitty comments directed toward women isn't a matter of "self-importance" or "over-moderation". How revealing of you to see it that way.

Asking men to refrain from being sexist is apparently beyond the ability of some. And instead of asking these people to play nice or go elsewhere, the argument is to tolerate and enable them, FemDoms be damned.

#10845 - 05/19/20 12:45 AM Re: RudolfWhitmer is still here to troll [Re: Cheyenne]

Sage

I have to disagree. There is a difference between being the class clown and someone who truly harasses people. Censorship should be used sparingly. I asked him to reign in the volume of threads he was posting and he did. The death of a discussion forum is over censorship.

You think this guy is just a "class clown"? Oh boy.

This guy, who I feel pretty confident is the same person who has had other shitpost accounts, is getting off at this. He's not here to make us laugh, he's here to make himself laugh - and at the expense of others. See: troll.

#10847 - 05/19/20 06:12 AM Re: Misogyny in a FemDom forum [Re: Mistress Tissa]
slvmaximus Online   content

Changing your name is a hassle and some women choose not to do it and it has nothing to do with being able to trust either one of them.

I was just talking to a friend of mine last week who I had not spoke to recently. Her and her husband have been married for 10 years and she's like mid 50s. She's a registered professional, so changing her last name would involve the regular channels as well as the professional boards that she's registered under. She is also known professionally by her maiden name.

I don't know if they are kinky or not but it would be ridiculous and insulting for me to start asking her why she did not take her husband's name. Her and her husband are really top notch people and it would be poorly viewed to start asking them those types of questions.

People should have a right to do what makes them happy.

#10848 - 05/19/20 07:24 AM Re: Neglient Moderation: Welcome To Maxfisch.com Part II [Re: Mistress Tissa]
Soapy Online   happy
Addict

Originally Posted By Mistress Tissa

My wanting to not be subjected to shitty comments directed toward women isn't a matter of "self-importance" or "over-moderation". How revealing of you to see it that way.

Asking men to refrain from being sexist is apparently beyond the ability of some. And instead of asking these people to play nice or go elsewhere, the argument is to tolerate and enable them, FemDoms be damned.

+1

#10849 - 05/19/20 07:27 AM Re: Misogyny in a FemDom forum [Re: slvmaximus]
gimp Online   content
Regular

Loc: NJ, USA
That’s true too. My sister changed her name when she first got married. After they divorced she changed it back to her maiden name even after she married again to a different guy.

#10850 - 05/19/20 07:39 AM Re: RudolfWhitmer is still here to troll [Re: Mistress Tissa]
Soapy Online   happy
Addict

Originally Posted By Mistress Tissa

You think this guy is just a "class clown"? Oh boy.

This guy, who I feel pretty confident is the same person who has had other shitpost accounts, is getting off at this. He's not here to make us laugh, he's here to make himself laugh - and at the expense of others. See: troll.

+1

#10851 - 05/19/20 08:53 AM Re: RudolfWhitmer is still here to troll [Re: Cheyenne]
Kevin_Hayes Offline
Artisan

+1

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Shout Box

Who's Online
313 registered (Soapy, zrfwd, marstoy, Chuck123, international, Domina M, Poester, langerr, tosser, TheDriver, Cheyenne, Chi61, midlet, buffalo, Mistress Tissa, nysubjack, Eva Lordes, Ms_Gia_Peccato, Stern Miss Lea, 2Balls1Cock, Old_Timer_FL, WestAugust, Mistress Berlin NYC, CelesteTaylor, The Thomas, painslut, HenryB, gfred1, palmer, broom, mbilbo, HellionCobRoller, Curiouser, shlem, badboy, DommeLynx, DominaAdmin, artiemus1, T-bone, zeta, cbtlover, Dominions, Gil, EvedLeNashim, Violetwand, denali, schrads, Bruce88, MsRoseWoods, furfan, Mistress UV, Moth to a Flame, EllaStrictland, Lady Paradise, ElenaDeLuca, Browniepoints95, Bruxelles, Boucheron, Lady Bellatrix, Slv4u, Lady Velvet Steel, SeekingAdventure, domtsub, Robert1218, sheba322000, Swinburne, ztrade, LAN, Awillingstudent, Domina_Felicity_Hart, Jeffmill999, Protons1, SlaveGunner, Felix, ingridguerci94, bane, ChicagoSlicker, cbot, GulfCoastal, strangefruit, Jogo, Mistress Aurianna, Alexandra Snow, Gaped_Crab, KinkyBoston, Natasha Strange, slvmaximus, bondagelover, llf, sfotk1, servedeaj, need to serve, Chamberpot, Stephen M, jadreg13, Lpbri, Eastbabyhuey, Mistress Ayn, mass, Kallcarrty, jeanmarc, MayaMidnight, mikel, kefxb24, porkster, Bound ashtray Man, Ma$oboy, Madam Jess, MsKittyLaReaux, GrimmX, SubbyAnt, KYboy, chuck, zetaomicron, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Komodo, mike04071, Normaldude, jlars555, isuffr4her, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Mistress Troy, Scs202323, Oliver Cromwell, coockiemonsterworshp, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Miss Grey, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, all2easy, Mistress Ruby Riots, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, pinkcaboose, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, MistressMaraM, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, Bill Coda, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, AaronGrant, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666, AspX), 32968 Guests and 103 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

Lady Bellatrix